Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project Aventador

martinfan5

This is going to be GREAT!!, this is an awesome kit!, I like the way you pre-assembled all the chassis parts before painting....I do the same thing with these types of kits that don't have complete engines, to me, its a waste of time, energy, and money that could be used on another detailed build.

9 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

This is going to be GREAT!!, this is an awesome kit!, I like the way you pre-assembled all the chassis parts before painting....I do the same thing with these types of kits that don't have complete engines, to me, its a waste of time, energy, and money that could be used on another detailed build.

Yes,  I try and save as much time as possible, like bulk painting parts ,   the chassis, I only painted the underside black,  I did paint the control arms, but the the rest is all bare plastic, no point in painting what is never gonna be seen.   You kind of try hurry up when the garage you are painting in is over 100 degrees at midnight :lol:, thanks summer.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:03 AM, Anglia105E said:

Having recently completed an Aoshima Mitsubishi Pajero kit, I was impressed with the quality and fit of the parts.... you will enjoy this Lamborghini build of yours, and that Rosso Bia is going to really look the business!

David

This is not my first Aoshima kit, or my first Aoshima Aventdor kit;)

Progress

28713987727_b8978d1c97_c.jpg

43601438141_11ae946a51_c.jpg

Brakes, mix of Metalizers was used , not sure I nailed the look, but it might be close.

41910787330_2a10eae30e_c.jpg

Body, getting it painted, round one, up next will be another coat of paint will all the body parts attached to achieve even coats on all part( I really dislike painting kits like these)

41910786930_80dda9ab1b_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some progress was made

Body was clear coated, needs some wet sanding, I really need to strain the clear.

44014616122_58e1681263_c.jpg

Interior, nothing great, just done, I didnt worry about doing a lot detailing, the doors will be glued in the close position.  It took a lot tries to get the red done on the seats.

30195004818_e18de5e769_c.jpg

29126092887_4edeb314fc_c.jpg

That is all for the time being.

8 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Some progress was made

Body was clear coated, needs some wet sanding, I really need to strain the clear.

44014616122_58e1681263_c.jpg

Interior, nothing great, just done, I didnt worry about doing a lot detailing, the doors will be glued in the close position.  It took a lot tries to get the red done on the seats.

30195004818_e18de5e769_c.jpg

29126092887_4edeb314fc_c.jpg

That is all for the time being.

I think its looking Terrific!!!