Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is Revell's '56 ford kit. I enjoyed the challenge this presented. I need to go back and repaint the engine, it is hideous. The engine is from Clearly Scale and is really nice. It is a DOHC "monstercharged" 351. Paint is Tamiya X-13 Metallic blue for the body, Tamiya X-2 for the white. Chrome trim is done thanks to Molotow. Thank you for looking. IMG_5897.thumb.jpg.f1e50f89a87aa24664f67cda2a0e4944.jpgIMG_5898.thumb.jpg.6c8e3a4ac082392882cf9e7cdd3e9ea1.jpgIMG_5899.thumb.jpg.3caff2336c20a84dfb454c94734b0064.jpgIMG_5900.thumb.jpg.211380b022b1719e984e12384b763174.jpgIMG_5901.thumb.jpg.a80146cb3f4602dc8be5441bd3247a40.jpgIMG_5902.thumb.jpg.0d892552123ba7968ac838f0161454af.jpg

Nice build, it's good to see one of these finished. I have a question about your experience with Clearly Scale. I ordered something from them back in May and I haven't gotten any feedback from them and they're not responding to my emails. I checked my bank and the transaction cleared a few days after I did the order. Was your experience similar?

Did those BBS wheels come in the kit? I bought that kit specifically for the wheels and it had different ones in the kit! The Revell Toyota MR2 is the same! It shows those BS wheels on the car, on the box but it comes with white finned wheels.

Firstly, thank you for all the kind words. This build was super fun. Thank you all.

@Fat Brian The engine is from Clearly Scale but I purchased it through model builders warehouse and received it in about a week. I have heard to many stories of wait times and no contact issues and decided to not buy direct. Hope this helps and I hope you get your products soon, they are great quality.

@Ben These are the kit wheels, and I have the same box art as the one you pictured, not sure why they would be so different. I do not remember them having separate hubs or anything, and I bought this kit sealed.. I do believe mine actually say BBS on them. I will have to look and get back to you. 

1 hour ago, Rusty92 said:

@Fat Brian The engine is from Clearly Scale but I purchased it through model builders warehouse and received it in about a week. I have heard to many stories of wait times and no contact issues and decided to not buy direct. Hope this helps and I hope you get your products soon, they are great quality.

Thanks for getting back to me, I guess I'll just have to wait them out.

15 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

I just want to put this here for the record since I brought up the topic. My parts from Clearly Scale arrived today and look just as advertised, it's just the lack of contact is a bit concerning. 

I'm glad you got them. I knew you would love the quality. Which resin parts did you get?

• 7 months later...

Great thread to revive. I remember this kit back when it first hit the shelves. I think it came out after the Street Demons release and it is definitely a challenging kit to work with. Hats off to you for great finish Jacob.

Edited by mustang1989

21 hours ago, Will_82 said:

I love the color great build 

Thank you, Will!

8 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Great thread to revive. I remember this kit back when it first hit the shelves. I think it came out after the Street Demons release and it is definitely a challenging kit to work with. Hats off to you for great finish Jacob.

Thank you, Joe! I love your Street Demon build, both the FD and regular F-100. These kits are tough, but with some work can be really rewarding. I am getting ready to do my next one soon!