Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pinto pro stock engine question

I have enough odd parts to build a couple of MPC Pinto pro stocks but I'm not real happy with the  engine that came in the kit. Can anyone suggest a kit that has a half decent 351 engine? All of the Ford engines in my parts box are big blocks.

The AMT NASCAR T-bird has a good 351 - decent block, heads, valve covers and dry sump pump - will take a little rework to add a Lenco , tunnel ram, and a pair of dominators - The AMT NASCAR kits are reasonably priced and not hard to find. https://www.mikesdecals.com/amt-1989-thunderbird-p-263.html

- or - 

this one looks good, ready to go at Futurattraction -  http://futurattraction.com/8.html

As you probably know Ford had two 351 engines, 351 Windsor and the 351 Cleveland, they are quite different and have nothing in common except for the displacement...and they raced the Cleveland in Pro Stock at the time.
351 Cleveland engines are not that common in model kits but there are a few, but as you are doing a Pro Stocker the Futurattraction resin engine has all you need, and Scott has quality products.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:49 PM, afxmustang said:

I have enough odd parts to build a couple of MPC Pinto pro stocks but I'm not real happy with the  engine that came in the kit. Can anyone suggest a kit that has a half decent 351 engine? All of the Ford engines in my parts box are big blocks.

I'm looking for a couple of sets of 1971-73 bumpers and valances if anyone has extras.