Model Cars Magazine Forum

Military Iveco Stralis Hi-Way?

I have an Iveco Stralis I have been building for a little bit. I keep running into a blank when it comes to the paint job. So I have been throwing around the idea of painting it OD Green.

However, while I have visited the UK/Europe I know very little about the military and don't know if a truck like this would even be used.

My plan is to get a 1/24 or 1/25 scale tank(rare) and maybe a 1/24 Land Rover to put on a trailer someday.

Would this be totally wrong, or would this be something that is seen on the road in Europe/UK? I guess it would be more Europe then UK as this Iveco is Left hand drive.

58 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

I have an Iveco Stralis I have been building for a little bit. I keep running into a blank when it comes to the paint job. So I have been throwing around the idea of painting it OD Green.

However, while I have visited the UK/Europe I know very little about the military and don't know if a truck like this would even be used.

My plan is to get a 1/24 or 1/25 scale tank(rare) and maybe a 1/24 Land Rover to put on a trailer someday.

Would this be totally wrong, or would this be something that is seen on the road in Europe/UK? I guess it would be more Europe then UK as this Iveco is Left hand drive. 

I did a Google I don't think it would be wrong.

5 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Now just find some Swiss license plates!  The Swiss armed forces ordered a bunch of Iveco Stralis trucks in May 2017. And yep, they're painted OD green:

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/mil-log/switzerland-orders-military-trucks-iveco-dv/

Lucky for me the kit came with Swiss License plates. I am excited about this build again. Its back on a new track.