Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 31 Cadillac V16 Roadster

OldTrucker

Johnny,

Seeing what you have done with the kit of the roadster, it is beautiful.  I have this bagged kit sitting in my stash which I will never use.  It is yours if you send me a PM with your mailing address and I will get it in the mail to you tomorrow.  It will be my pleasure.

Gary

100_0956.thumb.JPG.4ac358ff265b0301f02165f8bbbb34cf.JPG

Edited by Gramps46

59 minutes ago, Red318 said:

Stunning, lovely colour scheme too.  What is the main colour? Don't think I  have ever seen one of these built before.

Just good old Testors Gray Enamel that sat and cured for about 8 years before I got around to building the kit!:lol:

8 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Did you use a Molotow pen on the wheels?

Lee, just old Testors chrome silver paint over gray primer.

I remember being up almost all one night cleaning up the flash on those wheels before finally painting them!

2 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Gorgeous old Caddy. There is something about the phrase "V-16 roadster" that gets the heart pumping.

When I was driving OTR I had a three day layover in Salk Lake City so went to a car show there to kill some time.

That was where I saw one of these in person for the first (and last) time. Things were winding down for the evening and I stopped and talked to the owner who out of the blue said to hop in and lets take her for a spin! I was elated to say the least!

Here was this guy who knew me from Adam and asks me to take a ride in a to me priceless car! A few miles out he stopped to run in and get a pack of smokes and when we come out he offers to let me take it for a spin!

I declined. As much as I would have loved to have driven that car I did not want to take the chance that something would happen with me behind the wheel!:lol:

They are beautiful designed cars and just the feel of the engine in front of you is like a dream and I still can only imagine what the feel of the throttle would have been like under my foot!

By the way, he didn't baby that car either! He drove it like I believe the creator intended him to!B)