Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari F2005

Scalefinishes

I've had this car for over a year without tires. (None came in the kit.) Thanks to this forum and gregbbear I got the tires and finaly completed this build.

OOB Revell kit

Scalefinishes.com Ferrari Roso Formula one paint

th_40191_DSC00788_122_86lo.JPGth_40194_DSC00789_122_1180lo.JPGth_40203_DSC00790_122_43lo.JPGth_40213_DSC00791_122_594lo.JPG

Jameston

Edited by Scalefinishes

I have been really looking forward to seeing this one! It is awesome, you did a fantastic job Jameston. Thanks for posting it. It makes me realize I need to get off of this darn computer and go work on my benetton!

Thanks again for sharing,

Greg

Nice job on a kit that has virtually everything wrong with it.

I got 80% done on this kit. It does have a lot of inaccuracies, fit problems, and general design flaws that make it difficult to execute reasonably well. It is missing several of the F2005 aero-bits, they made it really hard to correct sometimes large seams and finish becuase of the construction and how the parts were combined, and the wheel mountings are completely wrong, which makes the tires stick out way too far. Like so many of these open wheel kits, it best to cut all the suspension bits in half so you can mount them later. I could go on if anyone is real intrested in fixing up this kit. You really need to think ahead when you do build it because you can get into trouble quickly.

However, having said that, with some time, patients, and modeling skills you can build a pretty decent F2005 with what Revell AG has given you to work with. It can be done.

Nice job on that kit Jameston!

I remember we talked a little bit when you were starting your biz. I'm glad to see it blooming! Can you ship out of the lower 48?

Cal, I have that kit and I am thinking on starting with it soon. I'd like to know the details. Maybe in a separate thread or PM so we don't hijack this thread.

Thanks,

I remember we talked a little bit when you were starting your biz. I'm glad to see it blooming! Can you ship out of the lower 48?

Cal, I have that kit and I am thinking on starting with it soon. I'd like to know the details. Maybe in a separate thread or PM so we don't hijack this thread.

Thanks,

Sure, Let me see how might be the best way to do this. I need to revisit the kit and see what I have for photos. I wasn't taking a lot during this build and now, since, have had a paint problem and aborted it. I did get another kit because I kind of have it all figured out now.

Thanks,

here is a link to another thread.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...st&p=110628