Model Cars Magazine Forum

A different breed of Willys

USAC_1957

the willys jeep funny cars were some of my favorite cars back then. i loved the little play on words with the topic too. Johnny West built a AA/FA jeep back in the day but, it didn't do well. i bought all the stuff to do one of the secret weapon jeep but, haven't got to it yet. love your model too.

first i want to say, my posting this is not to take away from your model. man, i love the jeep days of funny car and aa/fa. i came across this and thought you might like to see it. i guess "like minds think alike" i have been thinking about building one to run in our nostalgia series here for along time. nothing as much as these, but a 10 seconds and slower class called open wheel. there were three well known jeeps in the day, holy toledo, destroyer and secret weapon. there were alot of bracket ones, but they didn't get as much ink as these three. i seen all of them run at lions back in the day. anyway, i love your jeep. you know, i just might have to build my 1-1 somewhat like it. this is jim "wild wild west" aa/fa he built. i don't believe he ran it very long and if i am not mistaken, it burned up or crashed or something.

jjimwestaafa.jpg