[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
bandit1

78 c10 2 Wheel Drive Parts locating....

Hi, I am wondering i know the 78 mpc kit is the only issue of that kit that i know of but does anyone know of another kit that would have the same front 2 wheel drive parts that came in that kit if they exist in another kit somewhere or is that the only kit with those parts???

Capture.JPG

Here's the kit it would have come in for those people that may not know the history of this particular kit...

MPC-7814-2.jpg

That's the only kit that had them but you could adapt the front suspension from an AMT or Revell van kit. I've done that. 

If it dosen't have to be that close to stock, you may also look at the suspension from a '64-'66 Revell pickup or Suburban or maybe an'88-up MPC/AMT Chevy pickup.

hoppersbazaar on ebay used  to sell resin 2WD conversion sets made of the original MPC parts. I bought a set about 2 years ago but I haven't seen him list them in a while. Perhaps you can message him and ask if he still makes them:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/hoppersbazaar

I used Revell 53 Chevy front suspension  on Revell 64 Fairlane To get it really low in front Shelf model.  Larry

On 8/1/2018 at 10:07 PM, av405 said:

hoppersbazaar on ebay used  to sell resin 2WD conversion sets made of the original MPC parts. I bought a set about 2 years ago but I haven't seen him list them in a while. Perhaps you can message him and ask if he still makes them:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/hoppersbazaar

Just messaged him thanks

Please let us know what the response is!

3 minutes ago, av405 said:

Will do

53 minutes ago, av405 said:

Quote Directly from the ebay seller: 

sorry sold them all & the mold has been exhausted not sure when but hopefully this winter will get a chance to create a few new molds to keep up with the demand. I do know when I get them made they will sell like crazy been getting many people wanting them,,later,, Chris

Sounds like he at least has the intention to take another stab at it. Hopefully he does sooner rather than later. Thank you.

Maybe we can get Chief Joseph at Fireball Modelworks to create the parts like he is for the Moebius 4x4 kit. It seems simple enough.

Well Good news and Bad... 

Bad news is, we dont know what kit if not the 78 original issue kit those 2 wheel drive parts will be out in, and the ebay seller wont be selling anymore if Round 2 holds up to theyre word!

Good News is Round 2 made it public on facebook that the parts will be back out in December of all things... (Again, not sure what kit they will be in but the parts are coming out again from Round 2 )

Capture.JPG

That's great news all around! To be fair, his conversion set was a bit pricey so getting a full kit (especially with a discount at, say, HL), the price won't be much greater and you'll be getting a full kit to boot!

I wouldn't bet on seeing those specific parts again, and definitely not the '78 annual Chevy C-series 2WD pickup. Maybe the person who posted for Round2 is thinking of the forthcoming '60 Chevy Custom Fleetside kit, which is 2WD, but it uses a torsion bar suspension?

It seems very unlikely the 2WD front suspension parts not seen since '78 would suddenly show up with only three months notice.

Edited by Casey

If Round2 backdates the Fall Guy ( et al. ) kit to its original , 1978 annual form , I would absolutely rejoice ! I have an unbuilt original 2WD annual that I've been putting off assembling because I'm afraid of screwing it up .

Now , if just the 2WD parts were added to the 1981 (ad seq.) GMC truck , I'd be satisfied ; if the GMC's short-box bed were added to the '78 stepside , THAT would be even better !   

21 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Are any of the van parts the same? 

On the 1/1 trucks they are very very similar if not the same. As I've said above, I've used an AMT Chevy van front suspension under one of the '83/'84 reissues.

151 5117

152 5284