Model Cars Magazine Forum

83 Hurst Olds (Decals started)

66belair

My latest build is going to be the 83 Hirst Olds, it appears to be a straight forward simple kit. Just getting started on it, got a few things painted. Going to use Testors Gloss black Lacquer and sterling silver for the bottom. If anyone has built this kit Factory stock what paint from a rattle can would you recommend for the red interior? Or does anyone know if another color interior was available?

774C0A40-D72E-4BEF-AD29-C205E17B082F.jpeg

BF9E6B76-6FDD-4F0B-A435-19198FC0F512.jpeg

224C54A8-1B5B-486D-B16B-829366251446.jpeg

Edited by 66belair
Update

132905_Interior_Web.JPG

If you absolutely have to have a spray, Tamiya TS-33 Hull Red might get you in the ballpark.

s-l640.jpg

The cloth used in the GMs of that era would eventually turn more to the purple end of the spectrum with sun fading, like in the 1:1 interior photo above (though that isn't as faded as some I've seen in-person).

Edited by gman

If you can find Model Master #2904 Kiln Red you'll have a perfect match. I used this for the interior on a model of our '86 Monte Carlo SS.  You could hold the model's interior next to the vinyl portion of the seats in the 1:1 and it was perfect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know you painted your interior, but FYI and to anybody else building this kit the correct interior color can be found in a spray can. It can be bought at G body parts.com It is a company that stocks a lot of G body parts. The paint is for redying the interior plastic panels. It is the correct shade of Maple for the interior

Edited by gearhedjon

3 hours ago, gearhedjon said:

I know you painted your interior, but FYI and to anybody else building this kit the correct interior color can be found in a spray can. It can be bought at G body parts.com It is a company that stocks a lot of G body parts. The paint is for redying the interior plastic panels. It is the correct shade of Maple for the interior

Thanks forth info. I’m not happy with the interior color. I have 4 more of these kits to work with so I will look that up.