Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche Outlaws & Hot Rods

D'Ieteren 3.8 RSR.

5cffaf31df5d4_DIeteren.jpg.0c56fb9df08b4750880f4e9582bc18f9.jpg

It started life as a GT2 Club Sport. The first owner slammed it into a wall when it was two weeks old.
D'Ieteren (Belgium's largest VAG dealer) then rebuilt it starting with a new replacement shell they acid dipped and seam welded.
In the reconstruction process, they beefed up everything. Engine upped to 3.8 litres, bigger turbos, bigger intercooler,
freeflow exhaust, no cats, lightened flywheel, bigger Brembos, stripped interior, no radio, the lot.
It has a manual wastegate adjuster on the dash, so short blasts of 1,100 bhp are possible on Euro 98.
Porsche approved none of this, thus it was titled as a D'Ieteren and treated as a newly built car in the eyes of that law there.

The car was my b'day gift to myself for my 30th by means of selling most of my posessions, maxing out every credit card,
maximum overdraft and financing the rest. I never managed to get it road registered, so I ran it on temporary tags.
It could exceed the speed limit on Belgian motorways in first gear. Then there were five more.
I sold it three months later because I knew I get killed eventually if I keep it any longer. It also was too big of a financial burden.
It's now in Japan.

Went down the rabbit hole in Pinterest, came across this photoshop image, at least it has Porsche headlights.  Looks like a VW Beetle morphed into a Veyron.  This is way off base of the thread topic, but wanted to drop somewhere.

https://myhotposters.com/products/bugatti-veyron-1945-old-retro-car-poster?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Pinterest

On 6/11/2019 at 9:01 AM, Junkman said:

It started life as a GT2 Club Sport.
Porsche approved none of this, thus it was titled as a D'Ieteren and treated as a newly built car in the eyes of that law there.

I've got a extra Tamiya GT2 kit. This would make an interesting build of it!

This started life as a 911 GT3 but then it was handed over to 9ff to create the 9ff GTurbo1000. Then the next owner decided it looked (quite) a bit too wild. So, the cars exterior was stripped down and recreated into a Sport Classic remake. The aircooled turbo's were replaced by watercooled ones. 

A sheep in wolves clothing?

Ps sorry 'bout the black background...

Internet_20190627_211552_1.jpeg.jpg

Internet_20190627_211552_2.jpeg.jpg

Internet_20190627_211552_3.jpeg.jpg

This started life as a 911 GT3. Then 9ff Engineering created a GTurbo1000 out of it. For the next owner it was a bit too much... So, the exterior was stripped down and recreated into a Sport Classic look.

Aircooled turbo's were replaced by watercooled ones...

Nice huh?!??!