Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche Outlaws & Hot Rods

if anyone has any specific colour requests feel free to ask. I dont know the different 911 models so they are all just in a 911 folder but as I said earlier I have loads more, and for most manufacturers. I'm happy to help so if your stuck for a colour choice just ask

8S4A2179.jpg

2018-tokyo-auto-salon-parking-lot-pancross-porsche.jpg

DSC06581.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

83863-ac0d7fc3.jpg

1421080679_4env2uerd2u.jpg

1504566984_porsche-macan-vossen-vfs1-4.jpg

1462279510_ruqnewtw5pg.jpg

26755165206_c4da7e080a_k.jpg

064-2018-nsra-street-rod-nationals-classic-instruments-pros-pick.jpg

15571329178_3196b4b675_k.jpg

2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

What defines an "outlaw", as far as these cars go? Is it that they don't fit into a specific sanction of racing?

As I understand it, the name is a reaction to the "Classic Porsche" collecting world where factory-correctness and matching numbers are the holy grail. Outlaw Porsches are modified, distinctive, unique and very definitely not the way they were built in Stuttgart... It's borrowed from "outlaw biker" culture, where it's been used at least since the 60s.The idea of outlaw Porsches got a big boost when Magnus Walker hit the scene and turned his urban fashion design aesthetics loose on the cars he bought and collected, making them look very unlike your dentist's Porsche...

best,

M.

8 hours ago, JollySipper said:

What defines an "outlaw", as far as these cars go? Is it that they don't fit into a specific sanction of racing?

7 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

As I understand it, the name is a reaction to the "Classic Porsche" collecting world where factory-correctness and matching numbers are the holy grail. Outlaw Porsches are modified, distinctive, unique and very definitely not the way they were built in Stuttgart... It's borrowed from "outlaw biker" culture, where it's been used at least since the 60s.The idea of outlaw Porsches got a big boost when Magnus Walker hit the scene and turned his urban fashion design aesthetics loose on the cars he bought and collected, making them look very unlike your dentist's Porsche...

best,

M.

From what I've found, Matt is about right, they're basically the Rods and Customs of the Porsche world.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Codi said:

Great thread JC.  So many interesting cars posted....I can't pick a favorite but the "Singers" are insane.   cheers, tim

If money were no object a Singer would definitely be in my garage Tim.  The hard part would be choosing which one!!  Maybe the DLS at a cool $1.8M?

Edited by afx