Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche Outlaws & Hot Rods

On 2/19/2021 at 2:59 PM, porschercr said:
  • Not long, given the looks displacement/HP/Torque. 

I’d like someone to correct me if I’m wrong, but that looks more show than go.  I imagine the lag having such a large turbo on a what’s maybe a 3 liter at most, probably less, would be huge. You’d be half way down the track before it kicked in. Same with the jumbo carb, wouldn’t you need to jet it down to nothing to keep it from flooding? Most setups I’ve been around have two small turbos and Weber’s or something designed for smaller engines.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 8:39 AM, FredRPG said:

I’d like someone to correct me if I’m wrong, but that looks more show than go.  I imagine the lag having such a large turbo on a what’s maybe a 3 liter at most, probably less, would be huge. You’d be half way down the track before it kicked in. Same with the jumbo carb, wouldn’t you need to jet it down to nothing to keep it from flooding? Most setups I’ve been around have two small turbos and Weber’s or something designed for smaller engines.

You are correct, sir.

But never forget that having no clue as to how stuff actually works has never stopped people from slapping the biggest available carb/turbo/supercharger/whatever on something.

There were (probably still are) plenty of bone-stock 350 Chevys with two Holley 1150-CFM carbs...which is only about 1650 CFM more than that engine can possibly use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Romain Dumas will tackle this year’s Pikes Peak International Hill Climb with a Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport prepared by former championship-winning IMSA squad Champion Racing.

Champion Racing unveils Pikes Peak hillclimb PorscheChampion Racing unveils Pikes Peak hillclimb Porsche

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like Hoovie and the Car Wizard are redoing Hoovie’s Apollo 911 LS Swapped 911, think it was a 996 with nearly 1/4 million miles when the factory engine popped, the did a LS Swap that basically launched Hoovie’s channel at the Wizards original shop (who now has his own channel too), sold it when that LS failed on the same track the stock engine failed on, and just bought it back!

Oh, found a new project I will be watching too!

• 1 month later...