Model Cars Magazine Forum

IPMS nationals 2018

I would go if there was one close by.  With all the attractions in DC (Air & Space has two museums) and nearby Andrews AFB you would think someday there would be a National convention in the Nations Capital.  It's not worth it to travel 2,000 miles to see mostly tanks, planes, ships and figures.  Having said that the NOVA IPMS puts on a great show every April and gets a decent turnout of bikes, cars and trucks along with the aforementioned non civilian ones.  Seeing how it is close to you this year please post pictures after the show.

Edited by vamach1

We be here with the California Connection, Steve Allemand (NorCal), John Teresi (SoCal), Chris Sobak (Phoenix-former NoCal) and myself (NoCal). Man is this a big show and there are a lot of cars here, lots of tanks, planes, ships and figures too!

I had a great time, caught up with some great folks, and met some new ones. 

There were over 3000 models total on the tables in a huge variety of categories (over 150), and a large vendor section with nearly 200 tables, and while there were not a lot of automotive kits there, there was lots of paints, supplies, tools, and more. The awards ceremony was in a PACKED banquet hall, and ran until after 9:30pm. The links are blow.

Everything else