Model Cars Magazine Forum

Concours of America weekend - over 1600 Photos!

The Concours of America is more than just Sunday with beautiful cars and trucks and people. The weekend starts Friday morning when a large group heads out for a tour of area shops and private collections. Hagerty Insurance has a 'Ride&Drive' and I was able to take a 1965 Chrysler Imperial for a 20 minute drive.

Saturday morning was a Cars&Coffee with hundreds of daily drivers and collectible cars. Inside was a display of artists that was outstanding! I was able to watch GM unload the famous Firebird Turbine Cars and show chassis...look at all the stuff it has! There were also some Porsche drivers as guest speakers. 

Sunday was the Concours and I started in the unloading lot before sunrise. When you go through the photographs, you will see some GM factory showcars/experimental cars including the CERV 1 & 2, Astro 2, the original Stingray, all of which were driven from the transporters to the show field, Yes they run :) The featured marques were Bugatti and Porsche..excellent!

I arrived Thursday for the weekend so that I could take in as much as possible. Here is a link to my photographs from the weekend, enjoy :) 

https://public.fotki.com/howardcohen/concours-of-america-2018/

Day 1, Tour 2018 001.JPG

Day 1, Tour 2018 011.JPG

Day 1, Tour 2018 032.JPG

Day 1, Tour 2018 043.JPG

Day 1, Tour 2018 088.JPG

Day 1, Tour 2018 115.JPG

Day 1, Tour 2018 127.JPG

Day 2, Cars & Coffee 2018 054.JPG

Day 2, Cars & Coffee 2018 128.JPG

Day 2, Cars & Coffee 2018 067.JPG

Day 2, Cars & Coffee 2018 093.JPG

Day 2, Cars & Coffee 2018 295.JPG

Day 2, Cars & Coffee 2018 450.JPG

Day 3, Concours 2018 004.JPG

Day 3, Concours 2018 384.JPG

Day 3, Concours 2018 365.JPG

Day 3, Concours 2018 645.JPG

Day 1, Tour 2018 147 - 1.jpg

• Howard Cohen changed the title to Concours of America weekend - over 1600 Photos!
On 8/5/2018 at 3:52 PM, gtx6970 said:

Cool,

Isnt this the show that used to be held on the Meadowbrook hall grounds ?

I went to that one about 20 years ago. Sensory overload is an understatement

Yes, this is the same show, moved a few years ago. I like this location much better. 

45 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

Fantastic photo coverage my man. You were the proverbial Kid in a candy store with a camera. Your choice of detail shots is amazing showing us details we are never likely to ever have a chance to see in person. Thanks for sharing your talent with us !

You are welcome Tom, yup, a kid in a car candy store :)