Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shag'n Wag'n ???

kasteer

Ok. Need some input on this. Starting this '66 Chevelle Station Wagon from Big Lots :lol: ...

Concept01.jpg

Chopped the top and opened up the windows on the side. I want it even lower, but the front wheels are resting on the underside of the body already. If the front goes lower the wheels will be sticking up over the hood... which might look cool ('m thinking about it... :lol: ). Ideally the front will be just above the ground and the back slightly higher... as long as I can figure our how to get it to sit how I want. I'm thinking of doing some body work to the front too to make it look menacing... maybe add a little "brow" work to the headlights and re-do the grill.

I'm thinking of doing the top half in black and the bottom half in either fard purplr or dark burgundy or maybe a bright orange...?

Any feedback? (Please)

I had thought about leaving it open on top, but I like your reverse scoop idea. I'm thinking of closing up the rear fender too if I can get it low enough to look cool....

After looking at it more, I'm going to have to see exactly how low I can get it suspension-wise... then work on the body.

Hi Kasteer :P

I like what I'm seein' :D. Build it as a curbside (IMHO).

Try "choppin" the tires off. Who care's if they aren't round unless your going to play with it on the floor.

The guy's in one of the clubs I belong to call me " Dave on the half-shell", because I love to chop huge tires/wheel combo's and get those "rides in the weeds" - LOL

Here's my CHEMARO - 24"WHEELS AND TIRES CHOPPED. LUV' UM OR HATE UM B) !!

Can't help it boyz - It's all about " THE SHOCK AND AWE" :o:blink::blink::lol::lol:

2008_0615Photobucket10029.jpg

2008_0615Photobucket10031.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

These aren't the carton wheels... they're from a donk kit. It would be much easier to lower it with smaller tires, but I want the look of huge tires tucked up inside and slammed at the same time. Yeah, it's not to streetable, but it's a look I want to go for.

I hadn't thought of trimming the tire down. hmmmm... Gotta ponder that a little.

I messed with the suspension a little this evening and after a bunch of trimming I have it pretty low, but not low enough. Thinking I'm going to move the spindles up a little to get it down some more, but any lower in the front and I need to trim the body (or the tire). May leave the rear up a little, but will need to see after I drop the front more.

Thanks for all the ideas and feedback.

Hi Kasteer :lol:

I like what I'm seein' :blink:. Build it as a curbside (IMHO).

Try "choppin" the tires off. Who care's if they aren't round unless your going to play with it on the floor.

The guy's in one of the clubs I belong to call me " Dave on the half-shell", because I love to chop huge tires/wheel combo's and get those "rides in the weeds" - LOL

Here's my CHEMARO - 24"WHEELS AND TIRES CHOPPED. LUV' UM OR HATE UM B) !!

Can't help it boyz - It's all about " THE SHOCK AND AWE" :blink::blink::lol::lol::P

2008_0615Photobucket10029.jpg

2008_0615Photobucket10031.jpg

SWEET CHEMARO!!!!! Great work!

......but I want the look of huge tires tucked up inside and slammed at the same time.

Hey Eric, hope ya don't mind me puttin me Crappy hands all over yer build, but whatta think bout this? ;)

I aint a really big fan of dem big ol wheels my ownself, but.... I've thought of the fronts up thru the fenders too. I gots this wagon too, and love the chop. Might havta do sompin similar ;)

Hey Eric, hope ya don't mind me puttin me Crappy hands all over yer build, but whatta think bout this? :D

I aint a really big fan of dem big ol wheels my ownself, but.... I've thought of the fronts up thru the fenders too. I gots this wagon too, and love the chop. Might havta do sompin similar :rolleyes:

Thanks all. I'm glad ya'll like the chop.

######'n... I like that look with the fenders opened up (thanks for the visual... the stance is perfect). Problem I see is the front opening will be opened up all the way over the fender and the front fender will be almost non-existent. I'll look at this when I get down to the garage... maybe I can make this work somehow. Since you're a photo-shop guru... can you see how it'll look with the rear fender well closed up? Just a thought.

######'n... I like that look with the fenders opened up (thanks for the visual... the stance is perfect). Problem I see is the front opening will be opened up all the way over the fender and the front fender will be almost non-existent. I'll look at this when I get down to the garage... maybe I can make this work somehow. Since you're a photo-shop guru... can you see how it'll look with the rear fender well closed up? Just a thought.

yo Eric,

first time I ever bein called a 'guru' :P Thanks! anyhows, while I were messin with your chebby, I was thinkin on mine, and thought a nice low chop and a taildraggin stance, and ya can't be draggin tail wit no open rear wheels, right? zat what yer speakin on the "with the rear fender well closed up"? love the old fat fenners wit the skirts (uh, never mind..I were gonna say sumpin else :lol: bout skirts, but....) gettin back to the subjek at hand--cant magine skirts onna 66, but I'll hafgta see whatem look like :P

######'n...... can you see how it'll look with the rear fender well closed up? Just a thought.

hereyago dued...

Ericswagonwithskirts-vi.jpg

I cut from right behind the front wheel back to about

the middle of the door? so's ifn ya had another body

you could whack. I also darkedend it a bit so's you

can see it li'l better. I think I'm likin it :P

yo Eric,

first time I ever bein called a 'guru' :P Thanks! anyhows, while I were messin with your chebby, I was thinkin on mine, and thought a nice low chop and a taildraggin stance, and ya can't be draggin tail wit no open rear wheels, right? zat what yer speakin on the "with the rear fender well closed up"? love the old fat fenners wit the skirts (uh, never mind..I were gonna say sumpin else :P bout skirts, but....) gettin back to the subjek at hand--cant magine skirts onna 66, but I'll hafgta see whatem look like :P

skirts ive benn chasing them all day

oh wait you ment fender skirts :P

awkward moment :lol:

cherp cherp cherp

so anyways back on subject

hereyago dued...

Ericswagonwithskirts-vi.jpg

I cut from right behind the front wheel back to about

the middle of the door? so's ifn ya had another body

you could whack. I also darkedend it a bit so's you

can see it li'l better. I think I'm likin it :lol:

Nice! I'm likin that look. Thanks for putting it in picture form for me. It's easier to see than in my head. I'm going to be working on that this evening after work!!!!

Nice! I'm likin that look. Thanks for putting it in picture form for me. It's easier to see than in my head. I'm going to be working on that this evening after work!!!!

Kool, Eric--glad to be some help.

Lookin forewart to seein it in styrerene ;) !

Got the suspension done and soaking up some primer now. Has a good stance I think. I'll try to take a photo or two tomorrow if the sun is out(taking the day off to finish sealing my asphault driveway in between storms). I cut out some skirts to test out the look and fit with those large tires... will be testing it tomorrow when the primer is dry.

Now I need to start thinking about how to make the grill/lights look MEAN!

Thanks for all the support!

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
rollinglaugh.gifrollinglaugh.gifrollinglaugh.gif

DonkeyDeth! :D

something about Dumb and Dumber comes to my mind when I read the title

:lol::D

i can see the comercial now

have to many donkies? tired ofall those jack asses? wish you could kill them?

well my friends do i have a deal for you

its the new donkey slayer

for 10 easy payments of $3,000

you can have the donkey slayer

plus on this limited time offer it will be shipped for free

if you are not completely happy about your purchase kill yourself

the donkey slayer made by ronco

order now

:lol::P:lol::P:lol::P