Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone into muscle bikes?

Lizz62

Here's a before and after of my new bike. I started with a 20" mongoose massif. I always had huffys with double forks. This has a Ray Cooper sissy bar from 1970, a simplex five speed suicide shift and extended springer front end. Springer seat post too. Speedo , black glitter seat, bat reflector , and my Honolulu bike tag from 1974

Puzzle_1532643936224.jpg

IMG_20180726_113324.jpg

Edited by Lizz62

On 8/2/2018 at 11:56 PM, High octane said:

Bikes were a cool way to get around when I was much younger and even in my early teens as it beat walkin' all the time. However when I started drivin' and bought my first car, bikes for me became a thing of the past.

I live in a S.C. Beach town , I either ride my bike to the store, or drive my golf cart, very laid back here. I have a 54 Chevy pickup, but I drive it like a golf cart too! Just to the store. 

IMG_20150716_152948.jpg

I've got a few muscle bikes, a couple of Stingray 3 and 5 speeds, orange Krate, Lemon Krate, Ross Apollo 5 speed, Murray Eliminator 3 speed, Sears Spyder, Sears Screamer 5 speed and a couple of Frankenstein builds that have yet to be completed. Eventually I'll fit what I can on my garage walls. You can see I started already if you look behind the old Ford...

Copy of new camera downloads 004.jpg

Edited by Phirewriter

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 11:55 PM, Phirewriter said:

I've got a few muscle bikes, a couple of Stingray 3 and 5 speeds, orange Krate, Lemon Krate, Ross Apollo 5 speed, Murray Eliminator 3 speed, Sears Spyder, Sears Screamer 5 speed and a couple of Frankenstein builds that have yet to be completed. Eventually I'll fit what I can on my garage walls. You can see I started already if you look behind the old Ford...

Copy of new camera downloads 004.jpg

I had a bronze Ross Apollo 3 speed - saw it in the pic before I read the text!  COOL!   

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 6:47 AM, afx said:

Not a muscle bike but it is vintage.  All original  '65(?) Schwinn Twinn.  Looking to pass it along if anyone is interested.

http://public.fotki.com/steelers43/schwinn-twinn/dscn1359.html

DSCN1359

The rear seat is the scariest ride of your life, when my brother is up front. LOL  Not sure why I am ok when I am steering. His is a Murry I think . The Schwin is cooler though. 

1 hour ago, 1930fordpickup said:

The rear seat is the scariest ride of your life, when my brother is up front. LOL  Not sure why I am ok when I am steering. His is a Murry I think . The Schwin is cooler though. 

It is a bit unsettling being the passenger, not unlike when we were kids.  I remember some nasty wrecks, sitting on the handle bars riding double on a bike. :)

Image result for riding double on a bike on the handle bars

Edited by afx

• 3 weeks later...