Model Cars Magazine Forum

TAMIYA AMG GT3 LED Headlights

If there is no one in the states, you might want to contact on Facebook Misha Samarsky, proprietor of USCP-Ukrainian Scale Car Production, for a custom 3d printed project. He's the front office guy, and his friend Dmitry does the designing, I believe.  I requested and was behind the financing the production (about $60) of these wheels, and worked with them to get them just right.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-wheels-18-inch-AMG-I-Monoblock-with-tires-for-Tamiya-Aoshima-Hasegawa/253786578724?hash=item3b16dbdf24:g:zIAAAOSw1fha4LSD

Edited by BVC500

Bernard, you rock!

One of the projects I have on a back burned is couple of ESCI Mercedes 500 SLC (the kit has undersized wheels/tires).  I was going to try designing and 3-d printing the correct size wheels, but I first have to learn how to use CAD programs. I checked out Misha's eBay listings and he has those exact wheels and tires available.  The price ($22 for 4 wheels and nice tires) is quite reasonable too!  Now this build can progress.  I'll also contact him to see if he would be willing to  produce wheels for the ESCI Mercedes 190 (that kit's wheels are also undersized).

15 minutes ago, peteski said:

Bernard, you rock!

One of the projects I have on a back burned is couple of ESCI Mercedes 500 SLC (the kit has undersized wheels/tires).  I was going to try designing and 3-d printing the correct size wheels, but I first have to learn how to use CAD programs. I checked out Misha's eBay listings and he has those exact wheels and tires available.  The price ($22 for 4 wheels and nice tires) is quite reasonable too!  Now this build can progress.  I'll also contact him to see if he would be willing to  produce wheels for the ESCI Mercedes 190 (that kit's wheels are also undersized).

Or just use Fujimi Mercedes wheels, or the wheels from Tamiya's 500sl.  They might be a bit wide, but you could narrow them. I have a spare set if you need.

Until Tamiya confirms one way or the other that they're doing or not doing a Sprint headlight setup version of the kit, I don't think you're going to find too many people to wild on the idea making something that might have a very short shelf life.

A short term solution might be trying to do the substantial re-work of the Revell AMG GT headlights as they are the single projector beam type.