Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 ford panel truck, rut roe, or retro

Major surgery on this body, I like how you took the unrealistic "Crown" out of the roof. You mentioned the prototypes grill not being to your liking. The only part I see that might be wrong with it is the grill its self and not the surrounding body panels. Your Mustang idea I think fits the overall look after all the body work you preformed. In the pictures the body looks like it came that way with no hint of all the changes you made. I wasn't sure about the stripe idea until I looked at the finished model. The Mustang front end and paint style flows perfectly.     

That is some excellent creative bodywork.  Not trying to be a rivet-counter or an art critic, and this build is a work of art, but that Mustang nose just appears to be a bit high for my taste.  Maybe a bit more slope in the hood area would have brought it down some.  Adding late model design elements to a traditional body style takes a deft eye and you definitely have that.  Also like the stripe, but then I am a FORD freak and love Mustangs.

• 1 month later...