Model Cars Magazine Forum

News of Revell molding preparing in US

Jon Cole

In the final statement of the Hobbico bankruptcy buried the the addendums and schedules was this nugget of information showing what contracts Blitz/The Revell actually kept from the U.S. operations (keeping in mind numerous ones obviously overlap licenses the German side already had and didn't need duplicates of from Hobbico).

Screenshot_20181025-075434.thumb.png.d6cd44a97136903e0be13b8ca4284e6f.png

Almost 50 company/corporate/individuals named on that listing alone, and when kits get issued/reissued the model company gets to write somebody on that listing or some other list a $ check. It's easy to see that alot of factors, (many financial), go into the decisions for what kits are put into production. Makes me think turning a profit in the model-making business is no easy task.

Just now, martinfan5 said:

NASCAR being on the list gives me hope that the new kits are not dead moving forward.

The NEW REVELL owns the current glue Gen 7 kit molds.......as to weather the spend cash to tool a Camaro or Mustang (or Toyota) we will have to see. 

4 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

The NEW REVELL owns the current glue Gen 7 kit molds.......as to weather the spend cash to tool a Camaro or Mustang (or Toyota) we will have to see. 

Right, but owning the molds and actually producing the kits are two different things.

But here is the other side to that , I was coming back to edit my post,  the licensing deal under Hobbico was for three years and it expires I believe in Oct of this year, so maybe they are keeping it to finish out licensing agreement. 

Edited by martinfan5

1 minute ago, martinfan5 said:

Right, but owning the molds and actually producing the kits are two different things.

But here is the other side to that , I was coming back to edit my post,  the licensing deal was for three years and it expires I believe in Oct of this year, so maybe they are keeping it to finish out licensing agreement. 

Through a wholesaler I had a good working relationship with old Revell USA. We had input and was often asked to assist in product development. Forward to today and we have been trying to find someone in charge that will just give us common wholesaler information and we get no reply. So what new Revell will do is a total unknown....to us and many others in the biz.  

Just now, Dave Van said:

Through a wholesaler I had a good working relationship with old Revell USA. We had input and was often asked to assist in product development. Forward to today and we have been trying to find someone in charge that will just give us common wholesaler information and we get no reply. So what new Revell will do is a total unknown....to us and many others in the biz.  

Its a waiting game right now, and, they may still be figuring out what their plans are .