[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Jon Cole

News of Revell molding preparing in US

On 9/8/2018 at 6:57 PM, CabDriver said:

Haha, Brett knows the trade secrets! :D

Any update on the ETA of the Rommel's Rod at all Brett? 

Should be out by the end of this month.  

6 hours ago, Brett Barrow said:

Should be out by the end of this month.  

Exciting!!!  Thanks buddy!

so we see pics of the upcoming 68 Chevelle. any pics of the upcoming updated 1969 Mustang

8 hours ago, gasman said:

so we see pics of the upcoming 68 Chevelle. any pics of the upcoming updated 1969 Mustang

I`ll second this!

RMX-4482-2.jpg

boxart for the upcoming Escallade reissue, and unless Revell retooled the Escallade kit, which I doubt, it has an issue. 

1 hour ago, gasman said:

RMX-4482-2.jpg

boxart for the upcoming Escallade reissue, and unless Revell retooled the Escallade kit, which I doubt, it has an issue. 

Hmmm, I remember the Escalade being the size of a Tahoe, this almost looks like it is Suburban sized. If I have learned one thing in over 45 years of model building is this- don't always believe the box art! (see the recent issue of the Moebius F100 4x4!)

8 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Hmmm, I remember the Escalade being the size of a Tahoe, this almost looks like it is Suburban sized. If I have learned one thing in over 45 years of model building is this- don't always believe the box art! (see the recent issue of the Moebius F100 4x4!)

Cadillac also had the larger (Suburban/Yukon XL)size version available. I sold Caddys from 06 to 09, and the large version was not as popular, but it was there.

7 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

Cadillac also had the larger (Suburban/Yukon XL)size version available. I sold Caddys from 06 to 09, and the large version was not as popular, but it was there.

Yes, the ESV..they still have one in the current generation. 

4 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Yes, the ESV..they still have one in the current generation. 

Yeah Rob, that's it ESV, I couldn't remember the name.

1 minute ago, RichCostello said:

Yeah Rob, that's it ESV, I couldn't remember the name.

I always mixed up the ESV and EXT (the Avalanche style version).   I'm more familiar w/ modern Cadillac sedans, have had an '00 DTS and 2 STSes  ('06, '11) in my family..

1 minute ago, Rob Hall said:

I always mixed up the ESV and EXT (the Avalanche style version).   I'm more familiar w/ modern Cadillac sedans, have had an '00 DTS and 2 STSes  ('06, '11) in my family..

Yep, I got those confused too(even when I was trying to sell them).

Then I went to a Nissan/Kia dealership and had to deal with the Altima/Optima thing.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:43 AM, gasman said:

So far the only thing I've seen is from the flyer they put out pre-bankruptcy (which for all I know could just be a photoshopped Mach 1): 

image.png.842836b5d34b85d6f5929036c54103e6.png 

Edited by Brett Barrow

I saw that 66 GTO at a Hobby Lobby tonight and they had shelf space open for the 69 Boss 302 and the 48 Ford Greased Lightning.

Terry, Mike, Rich & Rob - all correct.  That's definitely an ESV in the reissue illustration, and the 2004 release was not one of those.

REVELL-Cadillac-Escalade-1-25-Scale-Mode

46 minutes ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Terry, Mike, Rich & Rob - all correct.  That's definitely an ESV in the reissue illustration, and the 2004 release was not one of those.

So this will be a new tool kit coming out in the red illustration?

11 minutes ago, slusher said:

So this will be a new tool kit coming out in the red illustration?

Doubt it, just an error in the illustration. 

5 hours ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Thanks Chuck! I think the difference is that this is an actual box art model accurately representing the contents while the other one shown in red is an artist's rendering and some liberties were taken with the body dimensions to give the illusion of it being a larger vehicle (Suburban-like).

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Thanks Chuck! I think the difference is that this is an actual box art model accurately representing the contents while the other one shown in red is an artist's rendering and some liberties were taken with the body dimensions to give the illusion of it being a larger vehicle (Suburban-like).

The Escalade ESV (suburban length) is actually a thing, and it appears they did the same as the recent version of the Impala SS and just chose an image to copy, without realizing they chose the wrong version of the Escalade.

So who'll be first to kitbash the Escalade and the Rommel's Rod?

1 hour ago, stevez said:

looking forward to the Rommel's Rod.....

X2

Bring on the Baja Bandito......

7 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Just an error in the illustration. 

Indeed

Edited by Luc Janssens

I would like to see a kit of an Escalade ESV, but the current 2015+ version, though, not one from over a decade ago..

the revell 48 ford is one of the nicest kits i have ever built. it has a ton of little bits and takes a while to build, but it is excellent. you can build a real show stopper with it if you have the talent...i dont, but some people do

the 1940 ford convertible is also nice. they share many parts. 

the 66 gto kit, if its the one i remember is also very good. 

I will probably pick up that tractor, but i am not sure why. i dont have any real interest in farm equipment, but it looks neat in the picture. I will definitely also buy a couple of them 48 fords. for sure

4 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I would like to see a kit of an Escalade ESV, but the current 2015+ version, though, not one from over a decade ago..

Honestly, If any company decided to make one, my bet would be on Meng since they seem to be focusing on American trucks and SUVs. It would be cool to see a full detail kit of the current Escalade, complete with the 6.0 V8 and maybe two wheel options like the F-350 had.