Model Cars Magazine Forum

News of Revell molding preparing in US

Jon Cole

Just got word today that the first shipments of the "new" US Revell are expected to begin in late September.  The Grease 48 Ford should be the first up of the last batch of announced new kits, with restocks of the Broncos and Foose FD-100 pickup in early October and looks like the 69 Boss 302 will be out in November.   

Note this is all stuff molded in China, so unrelated to the original posting in this thread.  

Edited by Brett Barrow

6 minutes ago, Brett Barrow said:

Just got word today that the first shipments of the "new" US Revell are expected to begin in late September.  The Grease 48 Ford should be the first up of the last batch of announced new kits, with restocks of the Broncos and Foose FD-100 pickup in early October and looks like the 69 Boss 302 will be out in November.   

Any news on the Ford GT LeMans?

10 minutes ago, Brett Barrow said:

2abdafe9be05ce8a991359b9a0a0431f.jpg

14 minutes ago, Brett Barrow said:

No, it wasn't on the list but I think that's going to be RoG first, this was all US stuff.   I don't think RoG has any distribution outside of continental Europe set up yet. 

Revell has distribution everywhere BUT the U.S., which is being remedied by the building of a sales office. If they can import things from China, they'll be able to import them from Germany too.

Also for everyone note - SALES OFFICE - at the moment there isn't a plan (or a public one anyways) to put back in a R&D/Design department. But they need on the ground sales people to handle accounts for the Hobby Lobby, HTUSA & Stephens Int'ls of the world.

5 hours ago, Brett Barrow said:

Note this is all stuff molded in China, so unrelated to the original posting in this thread.  

If it's anything like the '48 Ford custom kit.  the Grease car will be worth getting even if you don't care about Grease or '48 Fords.  You're still going to get a box of nicely moulded vintage chassis parts you can use on other projects.  Its the closest we'll probably ever get to  a traditional hot rod parts pack.

4 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

But they need on the ground sales people to handle accounts for the Hobby Lobby, HTUSA & Stephens Int'ls of the world.

Actually no. You can sell stuff from anywhere in the world today.   I manage operations in China, Japan, Italy, France, Ireland, Puerto Rico and mainland USA all via Skype on my kitchen table.

When I need to print things... be it a banner to complex manuals, I print simultaneous in six languages from USA, Netherlands and China.  I can deliver in 48 hours to all locations.

Edited by Tom Geiger

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Actually no. You can sell stuff from anywhere in the world today.   I manage operations in China, Japan, Italy, France, Ireland, Puerto Rico and mainland USA all via Skype on my kitchen table.

When I need to print things... be it a banner to complex manuals, I print simultaneous in six languages from USA, Netherlands and China.  I can deliver in 48 hours to all locations.

I'm sure they could do that from Germany, but that still wouldn't give them an actual agent in the U.S. to accept all of these imported goods.  I mean they are shipping in models by the container or at least partial container load, not Fedex'ing each box.  This is the whole reason Revell has no way to distribute their own German (well Polish) made kits into the U.S. because Hobbico via Revell USA was their importing agent - whereas they have agreements with other companies and vendors around the globe, which is why other places continue to receive their kits unabated.

Hmmm, 04 Jeep Wrangler. I wonder if this is new, or the snap kit. I see the Wrangler Rubicon listed separate so I hope this is a stock version. I want to model my current 05 Wrangler and the Rubicon kit is too modified to use (non standard rollbar, backend diamondplate, oversized fender flares, etc.). The snap kit is a little too simple for my liking. I hope this is a new model. I was gonna hack and glue both kits to make mine, but now I might just wait.

Jeff

5 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Are my eyes deceiving me?? A '68 Chevelle?? 'Bout time!! B) 

Can we hope and pray we get a righteous convertible outta that?? :D

I'll believe it when I'm holding it in my hand. I tend to think it's a typo, and they got either the year or the model wrong. 

1 hour ago, Goose1957 said:

Hmmm, 04 Jeep Wrangler. I wonder if this is new, or the snap kit. I see the Wrangler Rubicon listed separate so I hope this is a stock version. I want to model my current 05 Wrangler and the Rubicon kit is too modified to use (non standard rollbar, backend diamondplate, oversized fender flares, etc.). The snap kit is a little too simple for my liking. I hope this is a new model. I was gonna hack and glue both kits to make mine, but now I might just wait.

Jeff

Note that it doesn't say "new". I just checked the Revell site, and the kit number matches the one for the snap kit unfortunately. The kit that intrigues me is the Escalade, since they already sold an Escalade kit and this one is listed as new. The previous kit had the kit number of 2189 as well, so definitely not the same kit. Plus, it's most likely not a snap kit since those seem to have 1000 series kit numbers.

Edited by Jordan White

12 minutes ago, Jordan White said:

Note that it doesn't say "new". I just checked the Revell site, and the kit number matches the one for the snap kit unfortunately. The kit that intrigues me is the Escalade, since they already sold an Escalade kit and this one is listed as new. The previous kit had the kit number of 2189 as well, so definitely not the same kit. Plus, it's most likely not a snap kit since those seem to have 1000 series kit numbers.

The Escalade is just a reissue; it was announced previously on the 2nd quarter flyer.   The 'New' in parentheses just means a new release, not necessarily a new tool.

Edited by Rob Hall