Model Cars Magazine Forum

News of Revell molding preparing in US

Jon Cole

Ok I have to say this.! I'm 66 and I built my first model in 1962 it was an AMT 62 Ford Fairlane  and I have been building for 56 years and I have built just about every main kit out there SMP AMT Revell MPC JoHan and all the new ones I understand a lot of guys that like to see the model look as close to the real car as it can get and so do I but I have to tell you guys something in 56 years I have had friends and family and others look at my models and not one time in 56 years have I had anyone say ho man it's not right the chrome is wrong or the windows are wrong or the dip in the fender is not right it takes to dam long for this companys to get these kits out because everyone is telling them what to do and how to change them your model builders fix it when you build it it's not a perfect science they look great just get them out and maybe if we leave them alone they will get more of the old kits out that everyone keeps dreaming about.!!!

9 minutes ago, rickcaps55 said:

Ok I have to say this.! I'm 66 and I built my first model in 1962 it was an AMT 62 Ford Fairlane  and I have been building for 56 years and I have built just about every main kit out there SMP AMT Revell MPC JoHan and all the new ones I understand a lot of guys that like to see the model look as close to the real car as it can get and so do I but I have to tell you guys something in 56 years I have had friends and family and others look at my models and not one time in 56 years have I had anyone say ho man it's not right the chrome is wrong or the windows are wrong or the dip in the fender is not right it takes to dam long for this companys to get these kits out because everyone is telling them what to do and how to change them your model builders fix it when you build it it's not a perfect science they look great just get them out and maybe if we leave them alone they will get more of the old kits out that everyone keeps dreaming about.!!!

Been building since '59, and I agree entirely.

16 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Too bad the proposed '57 Ranchero didn't make the cut; I know it was a dead issue before but I was hoping for a miracle... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who says it's not coming? The stuff that is on this list was already already in the catalog when Hobbico went under, or very close to being released. So, basically all the new owners had to do was give the green light to run plastic through the tools(and possibly come up with new packaging to reflect their ownership if they decide to go that route) 

So, other rumored or hoped for projects can still be coming. Don't give up hope. Let them get the money moving first. This is just the first step of many.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:07 AM, Dave Van said:

I fear stuff like that will never be seen again......for a number of reasons. Sad to me....

Rommel’s Rod was already on the water when old company closed. They’re just waiting for the new company to get up and running and they’ll be ready to ship probably in the next couple of weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Brett Barrow said:

Rommel’s Rod was already on the water when old company closed. They’re just waiting for the new company to get up and running and they’ll be ready to ship probably in the next couple of weeks. 

Hope so......thx

1 hour ago, High octane said:

I'm not counting on any releases by Revell until I see them on the hobby shop shelves. To me all the lists and schedules right now are just hearsay.

Does the fact that spreadsheet has been handed out to pretty much every level of distributor from the mainline ones down to the local hobby shops make it still hearsay then?

2 hours ago, Againmikewins said:

Anyone have any insight about Revell releasing that new '29 Model A Roadster kit they showed last winter? The black one with the Buick engine?

Well it'll have the SBC out of the '30 this time...but they can't wave a magic wand and release everything all at once, they're still dealing with effectively renting time at the facility that does the actual injection molding and production of the kits and they obviously couldn't wholesale take it over.

Edited by niteowl7710

On 8/15/2018 at 6:49 AM, espo said:

In the past this has usually meant some changes in the content of the kit. Could just be a different set of decals and or wheels and tires. I don't think they would just change the stock number of a kit unless there was a change in the theme of the kit. An example would be the '64 Impala that was first issued as a stock OEM style, then as a 2 in 1 and then as a low ridder. Different stock numbers with some changes in content. Again just glad to see something positive is starting to happen.  

They're probably removing the Foose items and that would qualify it as "new" reissue.

6 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Does the fact that spreadsheet has been handed out to pretty much every level of distributor from the mainline ones down to the local hobby shops make it still hearsay then?

Isn't there a whole thread here on kits that were "officially" announced and then never released? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Isn't there a whole thread here on kits that were "officially" announced and then never released? :lol:

They used to have a saying 'nothing is for sure but death and taxes'.....some are skating on the tax thing so we are down to ONE sure thing.

Those folks  involved in the new Revell announcement are pretty trust worthy.....but you are correct....nothing is 100% for sure until it is in front of YOU.....but I am hopeful. 

46 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

They used to have a saying 'nothing is for sure but death and taxes'.....some are skating on the tax thing so we are down to ONE sure thing.

Those folks  involved in the new Revell announcement are pretty trust worthy.....but you are correct....nothing is 100% for sure until it is in front of YOU.....but I am hopeful. 

Last night on Fear the Walking Dead they reprised Madison's saying, "Nobody's gone until they're gone." My personal Modeler's Variation of this is: No kit really exists until it's in my hands. :lol:

On 8/18/2018 at 3:55 PM, Brett Barrow said:

I am curious, and so I ask... if this kit was not already "on the water"; in fact; not even yet molded for this reissue, do you think the new owner/management would bother with The Rommel's Rod?
I realize it may be too early to tell, but I would like to think the only reason we will get the kit, is because they already have the kit.
I don't see the Daniels creations as having much future. 
You?

20 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

I am curious, and so I ask... if this kit was not already "on the water"; in fact; not even yet molded for this reissue, do you think the new owner/management would bother with The Rommel's Rod?
I realize it may be too early to tell, but I would like to think the only reason we will get the kit, is because they already have the kit.
You?

That's my fear....It's not on the spreadsheet and I am not sure New Revell will issue a 'humorous' WWII vehicle.....or any TD kits.....like Baja....(see the flak RoG got for their WWII German flying saucer kit) 

6 hours ago, Jon Cole said:

You?

Maybe when all the boomers die off who knows?  But Tom Daniel stuff still sells well. We’ve got more preorders in for this than for any of the other “new” kits from them. 

7 hours ago, Dave Van said:

That's my fear....It's not on the spreadsheet and I am not sure New Revell will issue a 'humorous' WWII vehicle.....or any TD kits.....like Baja....(see the flak RoG got for their WWII German flying saucer kit) 

It’s not on the spreadsheet because the spreadsheet is just the upcoming Chinese production schedule and it was already produced. There’s like 6 or 8 new items already in country just waiting for them to get up and running which should be soon. Like a matter of days soon. Basically the factories kept producing the stuff they were scheduled to produce just there was no way for old Revell to legally sell them under the terms of the bankruptcy sale. 

On 8/18/2018 at 8:55 PM, Brett Barrow said:

This is INCREDIBLY exciting news!  Thank you for sharing!!  I'll be picking a bunch up, for sure!