Model Cars Magazine Forum

With the upcoming rerelease of the Scout SSII kit, I’ve decided to master some detail parts for the engine bay to correct some errors and add some interest to it. 

First piece ready for molding is the heater box for the right inner fender. 

E8042DC8-12FE-47E5-981C-05AF4EAE74A0.jpeg

Great! Sign me up! I had to kitbash and scratchbuild stuff for my Scouts. Looks good so far. Please, please, please do a correct radiator and fan shroud as I couldn't find anything I liked in my parts box. Let me know if you need any detail pics of the engine bay as I took dozens of pics of my 1:1 Scout to do my engine bay on my builds. Thanks and good work.

Jeff

20171202_105245.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got the newly re-released Scout kit, disappointing for me as I WAS hoping for better wheels and tires and decals, nope!

While there are a set of spoke rims, the tires are identical to all the Scout kits, and there IS a decal sheet, but alas, no instrument or under hood decals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 12:49 PM, dino246gt said:

I got the newly re-released Scout kit, disappointing for me as I WAS hoping for better wheels and tires and decals, nope!

While there are a set of spoke rims, the tires are identical to all the Scout kits, and there IS a decal sheet, but alas, no instrument or under hood decals.

Keith Marks sells a sheet with the Bicentennial graphics which comes with gauge decals- 2vJ3oMU5xeHP7.jpg