Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Honda F90 Tiller model

traditional

I had no idea where this should go, forum-wize, so here it is.  Its a tiny model (1/20 scale) but exceptionally well molded and only seems available from Japan at this time. It's not expected to be painted but looks a bit plasticy as such. I painted everything so it'd look more realistic and also painted the model of the Japanese girl using the tiller (I dont usually add figures to my models). I used Alclad over gloss black for the simulated plated parts, and automotive basecoat/clearcoat for the rest.    It was all a fairly quick and enjoyable build.

1-P8020504-001.JPG

1-P8041486-001.JPG

1-P8041491-001.JPG

1-P8051492.JPG

1-P8051501-001.JPG

1-P8061503-001.JPG

1-P8061508-001.JPG

2 hours ago, Mr.Zombie said:

I'm not a fan of Ebay. Could be that it's been ordered thru some of the Japanese mailorder websides, in that case I'd be interested which.

i bought through HOBBY SEARCH JAPAN

It's listed at 3781 Yen which is evidently around US$34.   I don't know what the shipping cost is to Europe or the US, but it says 'small packet'

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=112&cat=&state=&sold=0&sortid=0&searchkey=honda+f90+tiller

This makes me a little sad. Japan appears to bee a big enough market that they can make and sell models of garden equipment yet here in North America there are apparently so few modellers that many hobby shops can't make a go of it and one of the last surviving companies who started the hobby some 50+ years ago (Revell/Monogram) sold for peanuts and left the continent.