Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '30 Ford

Roadrunner

OK, fellas, for the very first time in the slightly less than four years since I joined here, I’m intending to finish at least one model for a car model contest here in May of 2019, and this is it.

g1KFfR.jpg

It’ll be mostly OOB (naturally), with hood glued on and no engine, but I’ll most likely switch out those funky wheels and tires. Color will be Tamiya TS41 (Coral Blue), with a khaki top, and no flames.

Edited by Roadrunner

Hi Kevin,

On a real Model A, there is a thin sheet metal panel that joins the two centre or "b" pillars to each other.  In other words, it becomes part of the bodywork - that is what is represented by the rear section of your model seat.  Most likely painted body colour. 

The real seat would them comprise of a back and a base.  The back would be attached to the sheet metal panel.  It is a while since I built this kit but if you paint your seat (the front bit) in your interior colour and paint the rear in body colour (not saying you couldn't cover that in a fabric of some sort as well) then when you assemble it it will all work just fine, as Henry Ford intended.

Hope that helps

Alan

I hope you can get it finished, I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. I built the kit and really enjoyed coming up with ideas to make it cool.

My idea was to build a road race inspired Pro -Touring - Touring. I chopped the top, removed the centers from the 26" wheels and added the wooden wheels from the 23T kit, stretched the frame, and added a 409. This pic shows the car in progress from last year but it is finished now. I had alot of fun with this one. I hope maybe my build can give you some food for thought? Hope you don't mind me sharing here.

Also I'd like to trade you something for the wheels if you're not gonna use them? let me know, Thanks... Good luck with the build.

Screenshot_20180809-222113.png

Thanks for the input, Anthony. Since I'm somewhat new to the whole car modeling thing, I'll just stick to the basics, at least for now. As to the wheels, even though I'll not use them on this particular car, I may well use them on something else in the future, so I'll be hanging on to them. Sorry.

Edited by Roadrunner

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since I played with this, but I have a strong desire to finish it up for a show here in May, so it's time to get moving on it again.  Fenders, now cleaned up well, have finally been primered. Tomorrow I shoot on the Tamiya black lacquer, and I'm really looking forward to that.

11 13 18 002.jpg