Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Dann Tier

Ferrari 512BB rememberance build....99% done

Recommended Posts

Hey, everyone!, while I was re-organizing, and adding more shelves to the modelroom, I came across this model that I had given to a friend to be his first build. Not wanting to get into it too much, but he's not around anymore, so I decided that i'm going to finish it for him. The only thing I've done so far, is add some Tamiya panel line paint, but the really hard thing for me is to NOT cut the very simplistic seats out, and make them more realistic.....I have to resist..lol here it is before I start....

DSCF6305.JPG

DSCF6308.JPG

DSCF6309.JPG

DSCF6310.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice thing to do for your buddy. Looks like a pretty good kit. Resist that urge to detail!!! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FabbricaP said:

Nice thing to do for your buddy. Looks like a pretty good kit. Resist that urge to detail!!! Lol

Thanks, Jason!.....its incredibly hard!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Does look good. How many projects to you have going on ?

Thanks, Ray!, he did a pretty decent job on his first one!, I now have 8 on the go...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

What paint/color did you use, it looks good on it.

My friend used Duplicolor Pewter Metallic, Jonathan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn't have any wheels or tyres in his box, so I took the wheels out of a Fujimi Ferrari P330 kit, and I think the tyres came from one of my De Tamaso Pantera kits.

DSCF6314.JPG

DSCF6315.JPG

DSCF6316.JPG

DSCF6317.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

My friend used Duplicolor Pewter Metallic, Jonathan.

That is really nice color, oddly , it really fits the 512.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd forego the compelling need to detail and try to finish as he would have...seems a fitting tribute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks really cool Dann.  I love that color too.  I'm going to be on the lookout for that color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, martinfan5 said:

That is really nice color, oddly , it really fits the 512.

Thanks, Jonathan!, its one of my favorite kolors. Its the same kolor that i'm painting my Pagani too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, djmcguire said:

I'd forego the compelling need to detail and try to finish as he would have...seems a fitting tribute.

That's what i'm gonna do...but its tough for me...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jchrisf said:

Looks really cool Dann.  I love that color too.  I'm going to be on the lookout for that color.

Thanks, I hope you can find some!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like your friend had some real modeling talent. Good of you to finish it for him.

Edited by DiscoRover007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DiscoRover007 said:

Looks like your friend had some real modeling talent. Good of you to finish it for him.

Thanks, James!  yes he did!,,,its too bad he wasn't able to finish it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rear taillight panel was jammed in there, my friend didn't sand it enough to fit in properly, so even though I carefully scored around it with my Olfa, it took chunks of paint off. I carefully sanded it smooth, then put a good amount of super glue over to act as a glazing putty. After that, I kolored the area to be sanded , with a sharpie so that I can make sure its repaired properly. I used Tamiya panel line accent on all the vents, and just a hint on the leading edge of the head lamps.

DSCF6502.JPG

DSCF6503.JPG

DSCF6504.JPG

DSCF6505.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jchrisf said:

I love that paint color

Thanks, Chris!!, me too!, if i'm not careful, I think i'd use it on everything....lmao!!!   -its Duplicolors Pewter Metallic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Italianhorses said:

Great color, but IMO metallic grain is way out of scale, maybe just looks that way in the pictures.

Terrific paintjob though!

Thanks, Alex!, its a favorite of mine. I wish I could tell my friend that you like it, but he's not around anymore. Its not the photos, the flake IS out of scale for a "stock" version of this, or most cars. I will be using this kolor on my Pagani. As long as there is "real" automotive paint that has large flakes in it......and there IS, technically its NOT out of scale.  I am not a purist by ANY means, and I VERY RARELY build anything replica stock. Modelling to me, is being given the chance to change the things that I don't like about a particular car. If we cant do that here, then whats the point?  To me, you're the Ferrari Guy....LOVE your builds!!  Me?, i'm the self-proclaimed Lamborghini Guy.....its pretty cool I think!  You probably wont like my Ferrari builds very much, since I REFUSE to paint them red...lol, but each to their own. I have just as big a Ferrari stable as I do a Lamborghini stable.  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great, and a nice tribute to your friend that you're fixing it up. Oh yeah...and Ferrari over Lambo anyday...and they NEED to be red. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ich_Will said:

Looks great, and a nice tribute to your friend that you're fixing it up. Oh yeah...and Ferrari over Lambo anyday...and they NEED to be red. ;) 

LMAO!!!!…….Whatever.....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Alex!, its a favorite of mine. I wish I could tell my friend that you like it, but he's not around anymore. Its not the photos, the flake IS out of scale for a "stock" version of this, or most cars. I will be using this kolor on my Pagani. As long as there is "real" automotive paint that has large flakes in it......and there IS, technically its NOT out of scale.  I am not a purist by ANY means, and I VERY RARELY build anything replica stock. Modelling to me, is being given the chance to change the things that I don't like about a particular car. If we cant do that here, then whats the point?  To me, you're the Ferrari Guy....LOVE your builds!!  Me?, i'm the self-proclaimed Lamborghini Guy.....its pretty cool I think!  You probably wont like my Ferrari builds very much, since I REFUSE to paint them red...lol, but each to their own. I have just as big a Ferrari stable as I do a Lamborghini stable.  lol

Nah, you do you, don't listen to me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Italianhorses said:

Nah, you do you, don't listen to me! 

Lol, whats that "you do you" mean?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...