Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Car

17 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Here's some 'stock image' photos of vehicles that I would love to own some day : 

5b6f071473e7d_1969L78Nova.jpg.be7dd44941647ad18ee713dd9ef36147.jpg

Have one of those novas, I've had it for a couple years. The catch? It's STILL a shell. I really need to get it done, it'll be fun when it's done

Edited by THORDOOR220

This is a tough topic for me to answer in that as I've aged and my lifestyle has changed  my needs/ wants in a car have also changed. When I was 20 I bought a (well) used '71 Formula 455 H.O. Firebird. I thought it was a cool car then, I still do now, but at 9 m.p.g. at the time of gas shortage 1 I needed something easier on gas. That's when I bought a '75 Omega 3 on the tree with a 260 v-8 and Rally suspension.

I like going for uncommonly equipped cars. Besides the Omega I had a '79 Malibu factory 4 speed. Ended up selling that to my doofus brother in law ( at the time) and he turned it into a drag car with an automatic( and the now ex took the money! See why she's my ex?)

When I was 30 I bought myself a new '84 Z-28( 5.0 H.O, 5 speed, no A/C) as my birthday present. It was a car that had been ordered and cancelled by someone and it turned that it was almost exactly how I would have ordered it. I still have it.

When I was married we had a couple of Cavalier V-6 wagons. Spacious enough for 3 and reasonably peppy.

In 2008 I bought an HHR. When I first saw them at the Chevy exhibit at the Woodward Cruise in 2005 I thought it was a neat car and it suited me. So I replaced the '97 Audi A6 wagon that I thought I wanted when the ex and I bought it back in 1999. I'm much happier with the HHR (it's 2.4 engine 5 speed that I special ordered-one of 250 built).

The list of cars that I'd want is long and varied and ranges from an Airflow to a GTO to a 50s Packard to a Ferrari 365GTC to a Gordon-Keeble ( look it up) to a Solstice GXP to a Willys-Knight.

Edited by ZTony8

3 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

I don't think anyone makes a Gordon-Keeble kit, but they should.

https://www.sljhackett.co.uk/cars/gordon-keeble.htm

This looks like a good one...

On a serious note, I can't find any. Closest I can find is a 1/43 scale die cast. Sad day

36 minutes ago, Force said:

Too many to list, I will never afford all my favourite cars and that's why I'm in this hobby and can build models of all of them.

I think everybody here can relate to this pretty well, or I can at least

Current favorite:

DSC01741-vi.jpg

DSC01739-vi.jpg

2017 Chrysler 300S

My all-time fave (currently residing in my garage):

68Imperial-vi.jpg

Pic095-vi.jpg

1968 Imperial Crown, 1 of 474.

All-time favorite pickup. (I owned one in '78)

SC0512135055_1-vi.jpg

1978 Dodge Li'l Red Express

Honorable mention....(I owned one of these in the mid 80's to mid 90's)

coronet_taekwondo_by_partywave-vi.jpg

The pickup and Coronet pics are borrowed from the WWW. The ones I owned were identical, however.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 12:14 PM, Eric Macleod said:

If I won the lottery I would buy a Duesenberg but until then maybe this would suffice,  1929 Franklin 137 Sport Runabout.  

59e9ef1534d93_29roadster.png.882383d6395ef0f92d5eadde346eacfe.png

neat cars, air cooled engines and wooden frame rails

I did a bunch of work on one very similar to this one, BIG air cooled 6 cyl. . it was pale yellow with black fenders but had different wheels than the ones here

3 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

neat cars, air cooled engines and wooden frame rails

I did a bunch of work on one very similar to this one, BIG air cooled 6 cyl. . it was pale yellow with black fenders but had different wheels than the ones here

The wooden frame was being phased out in 1928 and was (mercifully) gone in 1929. These cars are an absolute delight to drive and will run rings around contemporary Packards, Lincolns and Cadillacs. In my opinion Franklins are the most under appreciated and under valued classics out there. Goody for me!