Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Buick Riviera

slownlow

This is outside my normal comfort zone. Usually I build 30’s thru 50’s cars but wanted to stretch myself a little. The chop is as described in that other magazine   and it moves the leading edge of the roof back. If I do another I’ll do it differently but this has it’s own charm. The kit supplied rear had 6 round holes for tail lights and I felt that was counter to the straight lines of the body so I fabricated slots and the frenched license plate. The kit custom options for the front were kind of heavy handed so I continued the slot theme for the headlights and used a portion of the stock bumper. Turnpike skirts were fabricated and I quite like the affect.

15CAC451-9422-499E-B6BE-4C56AD5FEE7D.jpeg

8D9CFF66-9441-4583-88D4-C42F83B64CCD.jpeg

21E2B646-BE52-4E96-8E01-2831BED4112C.jpeg

Wow! Really nice especially from the rear of the doors to the end. The fender skirts, slotted taillights, and frenched plate are just perfect. I like the amount of chop just not sure about moving the front edge of the roof back, it looks good from the front angle though, it will be really interesting to see finished. Please don’t take this as a criticism of what you did it is far better than I could and a great start