Model Cars Magazine Forum

'56 Chevy

Mahogany Rush

Here's my latest. The '56 Del Ray Sedan from Revell. This finishes my tri-five Chevy projects (55,56,57 and a 55 Nomad 4x4). This kit was fairly smooth. The chassis on the other hand was a nightmare. I had purchased a tubbed one from the internet and it was just a horrible modded mess. I had to really clean it up to allow the interior to fit down on the frame. I would have been better off doing it myself from scratch. Tried to save time, but it was way more time consuming to fix this guys mess. Live and learn I guess. After dealing with that I decided to just put a basically stock 327 dual carb engine in rather than the 454 Blower one that I had ready as it was to be a straight axle gasser. This would have entailed more mods to the chassis not to mention hacking up the hood for it to fit. So what I ended up with was a Hybrid of sorts. Looks like it would haul arse, but it's a glorified grocery getter in the end. Not happy with my color choice either, but I like my models all to be different colors. As usual I used Rustoleum rattle cans and no clear. Chrome pen instead of BMF and Tamiya Smoke for the window tint. Thanx for looking!

56box

56chevy_left2

56chevy_right

56chevy_rear

56chevy_left1

56chevy_engine

56chevy_front

56chevy_interior

56chevy_under

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Nice. Unfortunately it appears you missed the mold parting line on the trunk lid and insides of the tail lights. Great job with the chrome pen.

If you are speaking about the "V" on the trunk, yes, I couldn't find it on the sprue. Whats missing on the taillights? Other than painting the chrome.

22 hours ago, Classicgas said:

It appears to me you did not sand off the mold parting line that runs across the top of the curve of the trunk lid and up the inside of the tail light pods.

If you are referring to the "light blue" stripe across the top of the trunk, that is a reflection.

It is actually just below that reflection. Runs up the inside of the tail light pods on either side. It could still be part of the reflection, but I can see the line on the pods too. At any rate, it's a nice build. You did well with the chrome pen, takes a steady hand to do it well. I cant. BMF for me lol.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:21 AM, Mahogany Rush said:

If you are referring to the "light blue" stripe across the top of the trunk, that is a reflection.

That's what I thought as well. The previous pic show s it well. Very well done, love me a 56...