Model Cars Magazine Forum

Under... wrap

ismaelg

Hello again:

Here is the answer:

Sorry, but inside the wrap there is.....

2v2JqDZtyxJ21ND.jpg

AIR!   

NOTHING!

You see, this hobby is really about lying and deception.  ?

Cross-processing from the armor side of the hobby, I tried to do a car cover using the tissue paper tarp technique.  I was hoping for a smoother car cover but it was a fun experiment.  I used a Maisto Diecast Corvette as the test subject since the technique uses diluted glue and could affect the model underneath.

Here is the diecast I used. It will need a waxing job to remove some glue residue.  After the cover was dry it was spray painted in very light coats. 

https://media.fotki.com/2v2JqDZ7NxJ21ND.jpg

2v2JqDZ7NxJ21ND.jpg

I'll keep experimenting to see if I can get a smoother cover, like the satin they use at car unveiling shows.

I hope I got you to smile. If I made you mad I'll gladly refund your money :P

Thanks,

12 hours ago, ismaelg said:

Here is the diecast I used. It will need a waxing job to remove some glue residue.  After the cover was dry it was spray painted in very light coats. 

Dried white glue should come off your diecast with just warm water. In fact, you might even be able to just peel or scrape it off with a fingernail. It doesn't bond anywhere near permanently with any nonporous (smooth) surface.

5 hours ago, jchrisf said:

I knew it was a Corvette shape and I even thought it would be blue... as I thought the pic of the blue vette in the background was a clue because it looked just like the same shape:

Like Bob Ross would have said, it was just a Happy Accident :)     A coincidence that I just reused the setup for the blue C7 photos.

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Dried white glue should come off your diecast with just warm water. In fact, you might even be able to just peel or scrape it off with a fingernail. It doesn't bond anywhere near permanently with any nonporous (smooth) surface.

Been a "cheap" diecast I just hosed it off with the garden hose at full pressure.  :) 

Thanks guys, it was a fun experiment.