Model Cars Magazine Forum

Okey Spaulding - Mr. Johan

03Marauderman

• 6 months later...

Hi Marauderman,

So Mr. Okey Spaulding is still selling models.

In March 2007 I ordered 5 models from Johan Models/Mr.Spaulding.    Mr. Spaulding replied he received my order.  However the order could not be filled because he was waiting for about 2-3 weeks for some of the items.  Nothing came. 

Answering by inquiry in July 2007 he said he would be shipping in a day or two.  Nothing came.

December 2007 and June 2008 Wrote again this time asking for a refund.  He wrote finally saying he has been away for awhile but would check.

That's the last reply I ever received from Mr. Okey Spaulding,  no models, no refund, no more replies !!!!!!!

I gave up on the models and the money. That's what I know about Okey Spaulding.

Joe G

Amazingly Okey just responded to my latest email today with apologies and a refund/model offer.  How about that. !!!!!!

Joe

Edited by Joe G

A few years ago I grabbed a business card of his at the D.A.A.M. show just north of Detroit.  Not shatteringly up-to-the-minute, I'm guessing this contact information is no less than four years old.  See:

5c7dcce8dd910_OkeySpaulding018.JPG.5a7ca2133b3e1587d1202cdd0a6525cc.JPG

Mike K./Swede70

Edited by swede70

14 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Considering Joe G's experience with Okey, he might be the new sales representative for Azimut Productions in Paris. They are well known in the military modeling communnity for the same M.O.

:lol:       .... :lol:.......Sorry....but Joe Z. just seems to add in & usually cracks me up.

On 3/4/2019 at 7:17 PM, High octane said:

Hmmm, I didn't see him at Du Page last month, I must of missed him???

I didn't see him there last month but he was there last fall; I finally broke down and bought a '56 Pontiac from him - never know when it might be my last chance.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:49 AM, Luc Janssens said:

if he has the glass for a '62 Chrysler 300, I want it

Unless he finds more, I bought the last one he had at NNL East last year.  His stock of clear parts and red taillights has been depleted considerably from what it was...