Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi from central Florida

I have been following a few builders on this site for a short time now, and decided to join the group for the great info and tips etc. I am an old retired guy (34 yrs Disney) and I built a 61 chevy Impala Revell kit for posting on a home town forum that would possibly interest some of that group. It was my first attempt in about 52 years or so, so it didn't come out as good as the one I built that won 1st place in my boy scout troop. I still have the trophy, but don't remember what happened to the car. anyway, just building that chevy ignited my passion for staying with it and moving forward in the hobby. I have been learning an amazing amount of tips and how to's on you tube, and decided to try for the next level of skill. I am in the middle of building a 57 chevy, and have a 66 GTO ( I owned the full scale car in 69) in the batters box, and of course one of my grandson's got the bug from seeing me do this, so I am helping him with his first, a 68 camaro, both Revell kits. I also have 6 more kits in waiting that I picked up while shopping with the wife. It,s amazing what you can run across even in some antique venues..lol.. I can go on for hours, but I better quit while I can. Thanks for welcoming me to your forum and hope to share some good times here...

Thanks everyone.. Doug in Debary, nice coincidence, my son lives on stone island right down the street from you, and I have 2 very good buddies that live in that town too. and Chris, there is a model show coming up sooner than the one you mentioned. Sept. 14th -16th is modelpalooza in Orlando. That will be my first model event ever. then Im close enough to Tampa to hit that in Nov. maybe see you there... very cool...