Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Willys Pro Street

Dragonhawk1066

All done with build #5. Monogram's 1941 Willys Street Rod kit in 1/25 scale. The color is Testors One Coat Lacquer Purplicious. The frame and engine block were also done in this color as was the steering wheel, column, and dash. I think this is a beautiful color and feel like it laid down real well. I did however notice after I sprayed the first coat of clear, that I should have wet sanded the body first as there is just a bit of "orange peel" in a couple of places. I also probably could have put down another coat or two of the clear for better shine. Eventually I plan on buying some car wax for my models, so that will probably help too.

The interior is done in Tamiya Neutral Gray with Model Master Light gray inserts. There are some brush marks left on the seats and console due to the paint being kind of old(finally went through my dads stuff that I didn't know my mom kept after he passed away almost 7 years ago). Doing this interior definitely taught me a whole bunch of things not to do when doing two-tones.

The chassis and exhaust were done in your typical black, aluminum, and steel . The front and rear suspensions were a little fragile in my opinion on this kit, as I didn't think there were very many strong contact points especially for the rear with the weight of the bigger tires.

Everything on this build is from the kit except for the plug wires and boots. This is a really nice kit overall, and I really enjoyed building it. Thanks for looking.

DSCN2714.JPG

DSCN2694.JPG

DSCN2707.JPG

DSCN2712.JPG

DSCN2715.JPG

DSCN2717.JPG

DSCN2719.JPG

DSCN2722.JPG

DSCN2725.JPG

DSCN2726.JPG

Thanks for the compliments. When I was buying some kits and paints for my return to the hobby last year, I just looked for the kits that interested me and some of my favorite colors and some "snazzy" looking colors. Didn't have any clues as to what color for what kit, but I knew right away that this kit and the Purplicious were were going to be a pair.