Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Stig Collection" -Beatles RR

Dann Tier

This is my Minicraft Beatles Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II.  I took a week off work, just to make sure I would get it done. Its all hand-drawn, and painted, and I basically painted all the designs three times since I did three thin coats of kolor for each. I got the "four lads" from a set of trading cards, and it was a time consuming, as well as fun creation...….NEVER to be done again, LOL!!…..I was even offered $1000 for it at a contest where it took first place, but if I sold it, I knew i'd have to do it again, and turned them down....lol

DSCF6385.JPG

DSCF6386.JPG

DSCF6388.JPG

DSCF6389.JPG

3 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Seriously awesome build. I am blown away by your paint work. My mind boggles at having to paint all of that in three light coats. That's one of the coolest models I've seen in some time. Very cool, hat's off to you, sir. Very well done!

Thanks a lot, Trevor, and everybody else!....it was a fun build!

6 hours ago, PARTSMARTY said:

Dann.I've been building for about 56 years and i don't know if i've ever seen hand painting done to that degree in my life.I'm sorry i don't know what else to say since I'm so completely blown away !!!

Thank you, Marty!....its very much appreciated!!