Model Cars Magazine Forum
66belair

1967-1968 Ford Galaxie 500

I am looking for a couple of 1967 and 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 kits.prefer some reasonably price unbiilts but decent rebuilders may suffice.

Just now, StevenGuthmiller said:

Reasonably priced unbuilts?

What's that?

Steve

reasonable unbuilt prices are about 150-200

builts 50-100

3 minutes ago, Bob Ellis said:

reasonable unbuilt prices are about 150-200

builts 50-100

That's my point.

I just wondered if the OP realizes that there are no cheap '67-'68 Galaxie kits.

Steve

Didn't Missing Link at one time offer either a 67 or 68?

5 hours ago, kelson said:

Didn't Missing Link at one time offer either a 67 or 68?

Not Galaxie. A '68 LTD

Motor City Resin Casters offers the 67. Missing Link did offer the 68 LTD 4 Door, I think they plan to bring it back.

there was a three pack of muscle cars by revell was that a 67 galaxie 500 in there ?

5 minutes ago, glusnifr said:

there was a three pack of muscle cars by revell was that a 67 galaxie 500 in there ?

no

19 minutes ago, glusnifr said:

AMT did a 3 kit set with a '66 Fairlane.

28 minutes ago, glusnifr said:

There hasn't been a '67 Galaxie produced since 1967 & it is a rare and expensive kit.

The '68 is no better.

Steve

2v2JhMpJzxwUbWP.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Yep, I got mine ('67 ht and convertible kits, '68 ht, and the promo hts) on eBay 15+ years ago---ranging from rough builtups to unbuilt--and they weren't cheap then..

21 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Yep, I got mine ('67 ht and convertible kits, '68 ht, and the promo hts) on eBay 15+ years ago---ranging from rough builtups to unbuilt--and they weren't cheap then..

Pretty much the same with me,although I got some 67'vert built ups for under $40 dollars years ago,got lucky I guess.

Steven G., you are a lucky man to have that '67 Ford. Now what was your address again?? LOL! Seriously though, that is one of my top 3 Grail's now that I found one above it.

3 hours ago, socal76 said:

Steven G., you are a lucky man to have that '67 Ford. Now what was your address again?? LOL! Seriously though, that is one of my top 3 Grail's now that I found one above it.

No luck involved.

Just a willingness to shell out the cash! :D

Steve

I remember when a buddy of mine showed up at the local model club meeting with the one he built, and it was pro street.

I remember people there gasped when they saw it. And that was 25 years ago at least. its been a tough one to get since it was new

I'd settle for one of the resin '67s or a gluebomb myself but I want to build the custom version.   I love the look of that car in the illustration.  ,, but then again, I'd have to find the custom front and rear parts.  Could do it from scratch,I suppose. 

CCI08202008 00001

3 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I'd settle for one of the resin '67s or a gluebomb myself but I want to build the custom version.   I love the look of that car in the illustration.  ,, but then again, I'd have to find the custom front and rear parts.  Could do it from scratch,I suppose. 

CCI08202008 00001

You don't need to find the custom parts.

I have them if you need them. ;)

Steve

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

You don't need to find the custom parts.

I have them if you need them. ;)

Steve

Just messaged you Steve.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:44 AM, Kris Morgan said:

Motor City Resin Casters offers the 67. Missing Link did offer the 68 LTD 4 Door, I think they plan to bring it back.

That's Kevin's castings isn't it Kris? 

Don't suppose you'd have an e-mail for him? 

I picked up a very nice 67 Ford XL Hardtop from Motor City Resin Casters about a year ago. Missing Link did the 68 LTD 4 Door Hardtop which is very nice also. I may turn the 4 door into a 2 door. The roof skins are very similar, and a 2 door would serve my purpose better.

That would be something I will be highly interested in when it’s ready. I have a plan in my head for a diorama. I am staying to build a mid 60’s era Small town Ford Dealership so I am in need of many mid to late 60’s Fords.