[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Sign in to follow this  
Jon Haigwood

Steering gear box ?

Jon Seems a lot of kits do not include a steering box and column, I was wondering if any resin casters carried them ? I have seen master cylinders and other underhood items available but no steering boxes. (yes I did do a search first) 

'Also looking for Tweedy Pie Decals

I don't think anyone offers any, and in all honesty, I think this would be more easily satisfied with a post in the Wanted section, for the second part for sure.

Which models/kits are you planning to use these steering eat boxes and columns(? - are you wanting the steering shaft, the part which runs from the firewall to the steering gear box inside the engine bay?)?

I just noticed several kits that were lacking steering boxes. The column would be easy enough to scratch build. None of my 64 Mopars have one amd some of the hot rods and others are lacking. As far as the decals I thought I would see if any aftermarket venders might carry them. 

I have a set from the Tweedy Pie II kit and I am not sure if they will be usable. If Not I will certainly be posting i the wanted section. 

Well, the two most common would be be worm gear or rack and pinion.

The Revell 68/69 Darts have steering boxes if I remember correctly.