Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Stig Collection" -Tina's 56 Ford

Dann Tier

Hey everyone!, My wife, Tina built this Revell 56 Ford Pickup. It was her second model ever, and its totally detailed. This ISNT the Foose version, but the rather HORRIBLE original version. Nothing fit good, but she stuck to it, and did I great job!!!......Stig thinks so too!!!

DSCF6390.JPG

DSCF6391.JPG

DSCF6392.JPG

DSCF6394.JPG

She did a seriously good job on this kit. The detailing is well done, the door shut lines are as good as anyone could expect from this kit, the build is clinically clean, and the paint is absolutely superb (gee Dan, maybe you should have her take a look at the finish on that black Pantera ;))

It certainly is a struggle to get this old kit together, though it is one of my favourite ever. Kudos to you, Tina. Exceptional work.

3 hours ago, Bainford said:

She did a seriously good job on this kit. The detailing is well done, the door shut lines are as good as anyone could expect from this kit, the build is clinically clean, and the paint is absolutely superb (gee Dan, maybe you should have her take a look at the finish on that black Pantera ;))

It certainly is a struggle to get this old kit together, though it is one of my favourite ever. Kudos to you, Tina. Exceptional work.

Thanks a lot, Trevor!, I will let her know what you said, she will appreciate it!!…...about that HORRIBLY out-of-scale gloss, I kept having to polish junk out of it, and re-spraying clear, and before I new it, it looked like that!!…...normally it would go straight in the bin, but for some reason I still kept it.

20 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks a lot, Trevor!, I will let her know what you said, she will appreciate it!!…...about that HORRIBLY out-of-scale gloss, I kept having to polish junk out of it, and re-spraying clear, and before I new it, it looked like that!!…...normally it would go straight in the bin, but for some reason I still kept it.

Cheers Dan. The Pantera is very cool, BTW, and they all don't have to be showroom smooth, just poking a bit of fun.