Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rat Roaster

AMT 1968 Chevelle SS396 Rear Seat

With the announcement of the Revell 1968 Chevelle SS396 it would seem like a good time to beg for a Rear Seat for the AMT 1968 Chevelle Annual.

It's the last thing i need to complete a builder. Don't want no resin, no suggestions for a substitute, nor discouraging remarks.

Thank You!

1 hour ago, Rat Roaster said:

Don't want no resin, no suggestions for a substitute, nor discouraging remarks.

Well, good luck to you. 

On 8/18/2018 at 11:57 AM, Day 2 Muscle said:

Snake....no discouraging remarks...

"Good luck" is now considered a discouraging remark? My, we are now living in a very different world from the one I grew up in. :blink:

On 8/19/2018 at 3:25 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Discouraging or not, I agree with Snake!

'68 Chevelle stuff is almost nonexistent!

On an encouraging note!   A buddy of mine loaned me his original '68 Chevelle seat....popped a mold to cast one up.

FAR from professional...,.....yeah, it's resin....but, I'm BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH happy!

0821182225.jpg

10 hours ago, Khils said:

On an encouraging note!   A buddy of mine loaned me his original '68 Chevelle seat....popped a mold to cast one up.

FAR from professional...,.....yeah, it's resin....but, I'm BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH happy!

0821182225.jpg

Yeah, but he doesn't want no resin!

It's amusing, isn't it? Strangers with their uncontrollable sense of superiority and self-righteousness trying to force their values down the throats of other strangers  :D

I'm not much of a fan of resin either, but for a seat?

It's better than the alternative........nothing.

I used resin buckets for my '67 Bonneville.

There's no way that anyone would ever know it if I didn't tell them. ;)

Steve

image.png.b55d6d98969837e10c214f22f2aee889.png

10 hours ago, Rat Roaster said:

It's amusing, isn't it? Strangers with their uncontrollable sense of superiority and self-righteousness trying to force their values down the throats of other strangers  :D

Yes, and the tone was set with Post One. :lol::lol::lol:

38 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Yes, and the tone was set with Post One. :lol::lol::lol:

Before then, even:

Trading Post & Wanted section rules and guidelines:

1) Your full name must be listed in your profile or signature in order to use the Trading Post or Wanted sections

And I just noticed that in the thread title tags, you specified "L-89 solid lifters." I certaintly don't mean to sound discouraging, but that's going to make it even harder to find. I thought I'd found a seat for you, but the guy says it's from a common iron-headed L34 engine car with hydraulic lifters, so I told him "never mind." B)

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Before then, even:

Trading Post & Wanted section rules and guidelines:

1) Your full name must be listed in your profile or signature in order to use the Trading Post or Wanted sections

Casey, well why not make it for all posts? Many other sites require registration before allowing someone to post and quite often that is part of the registration itself.

Edited by socal76

FWIW, resin is the saving grace for many a model builders project. Let's face it............without resin, would there have been a Modelhaus?? I get that some don't want to deal with resin, but for an annual such as a '68 Chevelle, that can be hard to come by, and if you see one on the 'Bay, get set to shell out some $$$ for it. :huh: 

Where I can I like to work with plastic also, but when there's no other alternative............... ;) 

I want to add that as of right now, I'm looking for a set of taillights for a straight as an arrow '64 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. If I can get the originals great........if they're out there in resin and I see 'em will I grab 'em?? You betcha!

Come to think of it, I'm going to be on the lookout for those when Don and Carol open up their website again Saturday. Not getting my hopes up, but it'll be worth a shot. ;) 

7 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

I want to add that as of right now, I'm looking for a set of taillights for a straight as an arrow '64 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. If I can get the originals great........if they're out there in resin and I see 'em will I grab 'em?? You betcha!

Come to think of it, I'm going to be on the lookout for those when Don and Carol open up their website again Saturday. Not getting my hopes up, but it'll be worth a shot. ;) 

I'm SO glad you mentioned this. I'm putting together a shopping list for Saturday morning and had forgotten I desperately need a '64-'65 Falcon hood of some kind. B)

18 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I'm SO glad you mentioned this. I'm putting together a shopping list for Saturday morning and had forgotten I desperately need a '64-'65 Falcon hood of some kind. B)

Oh yeah! At first I thought I didn't need anything, then my '64 Falcon builtup came to mind. Of course my mind got to rolling along, and now I have a short list of stuff I want to get now! :D

If they have the items, great! If not, then I'll just keep scouring the 'net and of course the shows to get what's needed. I don't think one could ever have 'too many parts'. Like I mentioned in an above post, I have more than I'll probably use but it's nice to know you have 'em if you need 'em.

BTW, my job was asking us to work overtime on Saturday.......at first I was going to, but then I got the email about The Modelhaus website opening up again, and I said.........Naaaaa.............I can always work the following weekend! I want to get in early to see what's available as I know stuff will go fast! :P 

9 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

How close are the '65 taillights? If those would do, they're in the '65 Falcon AWB funny car. I don't have an extra set, but I do have at least one mint set I could sili-clone for you, if need be. 

Yes, I remember whom I'm dealing with here, but at some point you might lower your standards to go with "close enough." B) (Just kiddin' ya a little bit, bud. Please don't take it wrong.) B)

45 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

How close are the '65 taillights? If those would do, they're in the '65 Falcon AWB funny car. I don't have an extra set, but I do have at least one mint set I could sili-clone for you, if need be. 

Yes, I remember whom I'm dealing with here, but at some point you might lower your standards to go with "close enough." B) (Just kiddin' ya a little bit, bud. Please don't take it wrong.) B)

LOL!! :D

'64's have a simple chrome bezel in the center...............

image.thumb.png.be1de46bc8cb4446ee385196151374fc.png

While '65's have what look like a chrome + sign on 'em...................

1965-ford-falcon-car-detail-classic-amer

Pics courtesy of DuckDuckGo

They would be exact if the chrome is not molded on to the lights like on the '65. I can BMF, or use a Molotow pen on the bezel in the center if the detail is there.

Thanks for offering just the same!

Edited by MrObsessive

15 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I'm not much of a fan of resin either, but for a seat?

It's better than the alternative........nothing.

I used resin buckets for my '67 Bonneville.

There's no way that anyone would ever know it if I didn't tell them. ;)

Steve

image.png.b55d6d98969837e10c214f22f2aee889.png

Agreed, Im not a fan of resin by any means but I will use small parts like bumpers and seats ,

But avoid entire kits , unless that route is my only alternative and even then I REALLY have to want said kit

On a side note, when did revell announce there is a 68 Chevelle in the works ?

Edited by gtx6970

16 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

On a side note, when did revell announce there is a 68 Chevelle in the works ?

It's apparently on their list of new kits to be rolled out later this year.

I personally will have to see it to believe it.

Might just be a typo.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

On 8/23/2018 at 12:09 PM, MrObsessive said:

LOL!! :D

'64's have a simple chrome bezel in the center...............

image.thumb.png.be1de46bc8cb4446ee385196151374fc.png

While '65's have what look like a chrome + sign on 'em...................

1965-ford-falcon-car-detail-classic-amer

Pics courtesy of DuckDuckGo

They would be exact if the chrome is not molded on to the lights like on the '65. I can BMF, or use a Molotow pen on the bezel in the center if the detail is there.

Thanks for offering just the same!

While shopping the Modelhaus "Black Friday" sale for a '64 or '65 Falcon hood (not even listed), I saw they had '64 Falcon taillights. Were you able to get them? 

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

While shopping the Modelhaus "Black Friday" sale for a '64 or '65 Falcon hood (not even listed), I saw they had '64 Falcon taillights. Were you able to get them? 

Unfortunately no. The site was very buggy when it came time for checkout and by the time I stopped getting the error page, they had been sold. Or, it they could have been gone by the time I saw it, and the glitches in the site didn't show it that way. Oh well, I'll come across them some time or another.

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

Unfortunately no. The site was very buggy when it came time for checkout and by the time I stopped getting the error page, they had been sold. Or, it they could have been gone by the time I saw it, and the glitches in the site didn't show it that way. Oh well, I'll come across them some time or another.

I can relate, My Brother. The checkout glitch delayed me at least 5-10 minutes, by which time vultures and jackals had picked everything I really NEEDED out of my cart. Sorry to hear the same thing happened to you.