Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Stig Collection" -De Tamaso Pantera GTS

Dann Tier

This is my Testors De Tamaso Pantera GTS. Its a basic, but pretty nice kit......a fun build! The only annoying thing was the fact that the breather holes in the wheels were filled-in.....took a little while to open them up, but it worked perfectly! I got the Pirrelli PZero tyres from a Fujimi Wheels & Tyres set. I cut open the front grilles, and SB The emblem on it.

DSCF6350.JPG

DSCF6351.JPG

DSCF6352.JPG

1 hour ago, matthijsgrit said:

Best one in the collection so far!

What was Stig's verdict on driving this beast?

Thanks, Matthijs!, his verdict was; The handling was a bit scary...its insanely fast, and that's a good thing since the interior is VERY loud, and HOT!!!...it finished my lap before I went def sweating my......off!!...lol

2 hours ago, Jim N said:

Great job Dann!  i always thought this was one real sexy car.

Thanks, Jim!, me too, although I have to admit that this build failed miserably at a "Scale Gloss" to the point where it doesn't look real, but somehow I still manage to like it....normally i'd bin-it.

1 minute ago, Justin Porter said:

Ouch. lol Especially since it's that pricey but it's missing the main reason to build a Mangusta: gullwing engine cover!

Guess we have to cut it open ourselves...lol  -I do have an older plastic kit of one that does have them open, but its VERY old, and rare, and will take ALOT of work...I don't care how rare a kit is.....i'm building that.....especially for how much I spent, lol

• 2 weeks later...