Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya AMG GT3

Ich_Will

6 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Ahh yes, I have that sheet too, just need to get the paint, what paint are you going to use ?

I’m going with a Tamiya blue...I thought about sourcing the right blue from Hiroboy but another builder here used the Tamiya color and it looks great to me. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Theres a Miura dash back there too!!!

Indeed. I really need to move all my cars forward, but I keep getting distracted. Yesterday was paint day so I did a lot of spraying of 4 cars. Part of last week was spend dealing with a screw in my tire and the previous week was rebuilding the dryer so laundry could get finished. Life keeps getting in the way of hobbies.

15 hours ago, Italianhorses said:

Nice paint!

Thank you. 

16 hours ago, Rider said:

Looks like great livery, I like the colour. I'll follow along on this one. 

I contemplated doing the box stock livery, but I wanted something a little more vibrant. 

9 minutes ago, Ich_Will said:

I contemplated doing the box stock livery, but I wanted something a little more vibrant. 

Couldn't agree more. Plus it's always a nice touch when you can build something out of the main stream offerings. 

Edited by Rider

3 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

Indeed. I really need to move all my cars forward, but I keep getting distracted. Yesterday was paint day so I did a lot of spraying of 4 cars. Part of last week was spend dealing with a screw in my tire and the previous week was rebuilding the dryer so laundry could get finished. Life keeps getting in the way of hobbies.

Thank you. 

You know, William...that's sounds exactly like my life for the past three months....right down to the painting thing!....I have five or six kit interiors to paint VERY soon, and we had to put new tyres on our REAL jeep!....weird

21 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

You know, William...that's sounds exactly like my life for the past three months....right down to the painting thing!....I have five or six kit interiors to paint VERY soon, and we had to put new tyres on our REAL jeep!....weird

Hopefully life slows a bit for both of us. I'm anxious to get moving on the models and even more anxious to see what you do with a color on the Pagani Huayra. ;) 

• 2 months later...

Suspension and brakes are on. And I’ve started the interior. I didn’t care for the buttons on the center console. It’s hard to tell from the photos but I used heated drill bit to recess them to look more like the real thing. A little paint should help too but my eyes are tired. 

4898005B-AC7D-482C-8848-30BEF235F48F.jpeg

13191284-6D9B-43FB-B5D1-CC8B3C80DD76.jpeg

B841EEF4-FC1F-4B75-89C7-309FA07AD928.jpeg

E8049F61-4CBC-47A2-9A53-F2A869676809.jpeg