Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Stig Collection" -Porsche 911 GT2...street version

Dann Tier

This is the Tamiya 911 GT2 road version kit. I was going for a "Barely street legal look", and I added carpet, and various other parts to make a "closer to stock" looking interior. I got rid of most of the racing bits on the body, relocated thecustom petrol cap, and since I couldn't stand that type of wheel, a modified them by removing some of the "Spindles".  Thanks for looking-in!!

DSCF6347.JPG

DSCF6348.JPG

DSCF6349.JPG

Looks great. Nice touch on the gas cap. I was going to get this kit the other day but I kept debating in my mind how to accurately do the gas cap. I can only find one example of the road version clubsport where the gas cap is in the middle of the hood like Tamiya molds it.  It's yellow and I wonder if it maybe the only example in reality. Generally the road version seems to always has the gas cap to the side fender. I was hoping  an aftermarket company made a decal to represent this or perhaps an accurate template to scribe it out.

7 hours ago, DiscoRover007 said:

Looks great. Nice touch on the gas cap. I was going to get this kit the other day but I kept debating in my mind how to accurately do the gas cap. I can only find one example of the road version clubsport where the gas cap is in the middle of the hood like Tamiya molds it.  It's yellow and I wonder if it maybe the only example in reality. Generally the road version seems to always has the gas cap to the side fender. I was hoping  an aftermarket company made a decal to represent this or perhaps an accurate template to scribe it out.

Thanks, James!...hate to say it, but I think you're gonna have to scribe one.