Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tasca Ford Thunderbolt

Brutalform

23 minutes ago, shoopdog said:

The Revell kit is cast in something other than white?

The Tasca car is cast in burgundy, and the Gas Ronda Russ Davis car is cast in orange like color that is suppose to resemble the “Poppy Red” that was on the real car. The SS limited edition, in the plain white box, is cast in white, but the chrome has a satin finish instead of shiny chrome. All of the other kits are white as far as I know. 

26 minutes ago, shoopdog said:

The Revell kit is cast in something other than white?

The first issue of the Thunderbolt was molded in maroon (Tasca Ford) or orange (Gas Ronda). 

BTW, really nice job on the Thunderbolt. Are you planning to use the kit decals, or do you have an aftermarket source? 

12 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

The first issue of the Thunderbolt was molded in maroon (Tasca Ford) or orange (Gas Ronda). 

BTW, really nice job on the Thunderbolt. Are you planning to use the kit decals, or do you have an aftermarket source? 

Thanks.....I’m going to use the kit decals on this one. 

Edited by Brutalform

19 hours ago, Brutalform said:

It’s the plastic it was cast in. Polished with Novus. 

Fabulous! I'd have never guessed. You did a GREAT job on the polish, and that's coming from someone who's polished a LOT of plastic. Drive on! B)

You know I love it. Ive seen the actual Tasca car in person many years ago. Wicked cool doesn't do it justice. I've wanted to build this model ever since the kit first came out

Ive built 6 of these,,,so far.

And have maybe a half dozen decals yet for others.

Hope you don't mind but here's some inspiration for you.5.thumb.JPG.212dcb64a58e402ab4c87c43e4ddcd79.JPG

Tasca64.thumb.jpg.a3bfaeaadde1dae3f0eaa99a3980cc19.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

I know your love of the thunderbolts, Bill. This is the last one for me. My goal was to build all of the kits I had and use up all the decals. Soon I’m going to get a group pic of them all. I have a few other cars in the bench that I’m looking forward to finishing. These darn Bolts always get me side tracked. I enjoy seeing your Bolts. 

On 8/19/2018 at 2:56 AM, Brutalform said:

Decals look horrible. They are old and it shows. Even after setting solution they won’t cut it. Going to remove them and  seek another set of decals. 

I have a at least 2 extra sets if you need them

just need an  address

15 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

I have a at least 2 extra sets if you need them

just need an  address

I used decals from two extra different sets I had, and it looks A LOT better. I just have to find a small “autolite” ball that goes below the Zimmy Il on the front lower quarter. I think I have one on a Slixx sheet somewhere. Thanks for the offer Bill, I appreciate it.

Edited by Brutalform