Model Cars Magazine Forum

2nd Gen Barracuda Wheelstander

funhouse1

Thanks guys. Here's it's little brother.

Although they're very simplified and far from accurate I just love these old AMT kits. I'm so grateful to the Model King for making these affordable to own and build. I have the Tempest, Mustang,Comet, and ChevII and can't wait to slap 'em together. Sure wish the '65 Chevelle AWB tool was still viable. I think there was an Olds and a Corvair as part of this series?

The little brother looks just as COOL too! I dig those blueline slicks! I agree, I been buying several of each of the older AMT kits from Model King myself and its nice to be able to built them again when we have much better skills today!

Sorry to say that the '65 Chevelle will never be out again as it was cut-up for the short track stocker kit which is now available. The Olds & Corvair kits I had never seen before but I bet they were cool kits too! You remember the AMT '58 Edsel AWB kit?

I buy all my kits from Modelroundup and he keeps a great stock of the older kits. Thanks for sharing the pics!

~ Jeff

I had heard that about the Chevelle, a shame... I have seen it in resin and I think somebody did the '64 olds as well

I do remember the Edsel! Maybe the new owners of AMT will dig that tool out!

Here's what the Corvair looks like...basically it's the Model King '66 HUG with a corvair body...looks like all you would need besides the 'vair body would be the spoiler and headlight covers.

[attachment

2403:corvairf...uctions1.jpg]

Now, that there is COOL! Now, I got a Corvair on the hunting list! Maybe I could just use the stock AMT Corvair body with the Chevy ll chassis after doing some work. I never did see many Mopars in that AWB series kits?

I see the '65 resin Chevelle body every now & then and someone is still making it. It does not come with a interior or other parts tho. The new AMT folks do plan to bring some real golden kits from the past early in 2009 with a few for late fall '08.

Much Thanks for posting the Corvair pics! B)

~ Jeff