Model Cars Magazine Forum

White acrylic marker pen for white walls...

I don't know if this product has been submitted, however I thought it worked fine for me. Under the name of "painters", made by Elmer's, purchased at the local Walmart craft section, it is the largest in size, I thought it worked quite well to represent wide white's....after painting I chucked it in my Dremel, with a sanding drum as a mandrel (seen it here), these are the provided tires for the old issue Monogram deuce roadster, yeah, I know there's a speck of dust 9:00 on the rear tire, I asked my girlfriend and the pets and they said it was just fine..,

718201873916.jpg

718201873943.jpg

Nice job on the tires.

You also did well on the red letters on the hubcaps. Did you use (sorry, and not to be condescending) the kids' water paints for that?

Wash2.jpg

You paint the color on (a bit on the thick side) and when it dries, use a moistened piece of stiff paper (such as a business card) to wipe off enay errant paint. This technique also works well for using black-wash on grills.

Edited by BigTallDad