Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Stig Collection" -Lamborghini Aventador

Dann Tier

Hello, everyone!, this is my Aoshima Lamborghini Aventador. I love the "stealthy" look on him, I used 3D decal emblems on the bonnet, steering wheel, and centercaps. I carefully cut the side glass out, since I don't really like them up on my builds, I also left off the taillight lense covers.....I don't really like them on it either. This is Aoshima's "full engine detail" kit which actually translates to; A lot of engine stuff, but not everything....the lower-end is missing. Still, with the outstanding way they designed it, the awesome detail of the parts, and the fact that these kinds of autos have full belly-pans, the engine bay CAN still look realistically complete with the help of wiring, painting, and other detail add-ons!  This one is proof of it. This kit is so easy, and fun...….I could just keep buying and building them!!

DSCF6336.JPG

DSCF6338.JPG

DSCF6340.JPG

DSCF6339.JPG

I've considered getting one of these kits, but have so many other Lambos that will never get finished.  LOL  The matt paint, you use something other than normal flat paint?  I would mess that up the first time I touched it.  I have been opening up door windows more lately, sometimes half-way just to be different.  As always, great job!

20 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I've considered getting one of these kits, but have so many other Lambos that will never get finished.  LOL  The matt paint, you use something other than normal flat paint?  I would mess that up the first time I touched it.  I have been opening up door windows more lately, sometimes half-way just to be different.  As always, great job!

Hey, Kurt!, Its a great kit to build!!, and the kolor I used, was Duplicolors Black Sandable Primer, cleared with Tamiya Flat Clear. Thanks, bud!!