Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone for 'T'?

Rocking Rodney Rat

Howdy campers...I finished this one up about a month ago and just got around to taking some (crappy, sorry) pix of my latest build....

-Body is from the Revell '27 T Touring kit, shortened about an inch to make a "Shorty T". It's painted Testors 'One-Hit' Icy Blue.

-Engine is from various kits, block from the AMT '41 Willys Woody Wagon with heads from a Revell kit, headers and frog mouth scoops from Replicas and Miniatures, other parts from the parts box.

-Frame is scratch built from Evergreen pieces. Spartan interior, bench seat hacked out of an AMT interior tub of unknown origin, scratch built fuel tank...

-Tires from Modelhaus (RIP), wheels from Reps and Mins aftermarket chrome plated.

Thanks for looking..... -RRR

sdvsvwer545.jpg

x  v v.jpg

fbzdf.jpg

ert55.jpg

fvfvfvr54.jpg

eryyg.jpg

Different and therefore interesting. I like what you did with the body. B)

I don't think I've ever seen two Testor Icy Blue paint jobs that look the same. The can I have looks like it's going to produce a much lighter color, and much "flakier" as well (from spoon test shots). 

Very nicely engineered. I hope the driver doesn't smoke. You built it with the parts you had laying around much like someone would have years ago. I like how you detailed the engine. I remember distributor conversions for the early flat Heads like you used.  

42 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I don't think I've ever seen two Testors Icy Blue paint jobs that look the same. The can I have looks like it's going to produce a much lighter color, and much "flakier" as well (from spoon test shots). 

Yeah that Icy Blue is interesting. If you lay it on too heavy it will get darker and it's easy to get lighter and darker patches if you're not careful. I was having trouble getting my i-phone camera to co-operate today so the color might not have come out so well in the pix. I should have set up outside but it was too hot and threatening rain..... -RRR

Rodney, you nailed the proportions and stance on this one and I do like the way the colour scheme flows right throughout the car.  Strikes me as a perfect contender for about a 1963 Car Craft feature article!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alan barton
Spelling

On 8/19/2018 at 7:36 PM, alan barton said:

Rodney, you nailed the proportions and stance on this one and I do like the way the colour scheme flows right throughout the car.  Strikes me as a perfect contender for about a 1963 Car Craft feature article!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan (and all) for your kind words. I was painting it during our Independence Day (Fourth of July) celebration time and got into the spirit with a red, white and blue colo(u)r scheme.... -RRR

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat