Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weigh Station

tiking

This build had taken me some time to put together. The base is a pic frame mount with poster board foam as ground  base. The electronic ground concrete ground mounts and fence concrete rectangular blocks were both plaster cast and poster board foam cut and hot glued together. Then, I added wall Spackle to cover the joints. The signs were downloaded from the internet and scale to size using a similar WORD like program. The boom setup and detail around, were scratch built using styrene and misc. parts, from my box of tricks.

weigh_station_diorama15-vi.jpg

weigh_station_diorama-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama_door2-vi.jpg
h_station_diorama_figure_angle-vi.jpg
ation_diorama_flatbed_destails-vi.jpg
igh_station_diorama_with_title-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama2-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama3-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama4-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama5-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama6-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama7-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama8-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama9-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama10-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama11-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama12-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama12a-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama13-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama14a-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama15a-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama16-vi.jpg
weigh_station_diorama17-vi.jpg
weigh_station_dioramaA-vi.jpg
weigh_station_dioramaB-vi.jpg
weigh_station_dioramaC-vi.jpg
weigh_station_dioramaD-vi.jpg

Absolutely brilliant Charles.... I shall have to sit down and look through these images one by one and take in all the incredible detail. Just when I was thinking you couldn't top the MAN burnt out cab diorama..... here you go with the Weigh Station diorama !!!!

Wow !

David

8 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Oh my!  All the elements  are very realistic. Excellent craftmanship.

Thank you kindly. 

7 hours ago, landman said:

Another masterpiece.

Thanks. 

6 hours ago, shoopdog said:

Excellent work with the details.

Are those Michelin men on the cab by the light bar?

Yes. They are. 

6 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Absolutely brilliant Charles.... I shall have to sit down and look through these images one by one and take in all the incredible detail. Just when I was thinking you couldn't top the MAN burnt out cab diorama..... here you go with the Weigh Station diorama !!!!

Wow !

David

4 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

Very VERY nice!  Excellent work! You nailed it!

Thank you David. I still consider the burnt out cab way better.

4 hours ago, bbowser said:

Outstanding work, very convincing!  What's with the Michelin men?

Thanks. Michelin men? Why? 

3 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Fantastic work.

Appreciate it 

4 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Awesome work...!   I like to add scale figures to many of my builds..too bad most kits do not come with them they add a realistic touch to them.

Thank you. I quite agree. My problem is figure painting is not my best forte. But I am getting there slowly but surely. 

19 hours ago, tiking said:

Thank you. I quite agree. My problem is figure painting is not my best forte. But I am getting there slowly but surely. 

Charles....they did a thing on figure painting here once and in the mag...its helped me some but I have a long way to go yet too on them..and other stuff like weathering.  I really want to start over on my 2 large dioramas I had done once the storm here took out...just have to find what I need to yet.   One was a 60s Gas station using the MRC gas station kit...the other a 1970 car dealership using the same kit.  I had them wired for LED lighting ran on a small battery and made to be placed together as one very large diorama.

• 4 months later...
On 2018-08-21 at 12:16 PM, disabled modeler said:

Charles....they did a thing on figure painting here once and in the mag...its helped me some but I have a long way to go yet too on them..and other stuff like weathering.  I really want to start over on my 2 large dioramas I had done once the storm here took out...just have to find what I need to yet.   One was a 60s Gas station using the MRC gas station kit...the other a 1970 car dealership using the same kit.  I had them wired for LED lighting ran on a small battery and made to be placed together as one very large diorama.

Will b looking forward to that build Mark. Sorry for the late reply. Have a nice weekend.

21 hours ago, tiking said:

Will b looking forward to that build Mark. Sorry for the late reply. Have a nice weekend.

Charles.....I am looking forward to the project too very much.  Just have to find stuff and a couple of the MRC gas station diorama kits to have a starting place again so I can remake them.  I did have large heavy built plexi-glass covers for them both so they would stay clean and I could stack them up for storage too...once sat together they looked like one huge diorama.  My plan was to display some of my dads old ones on it..figured it would be fitting for them.   I have a long way to go on the dioramas and my dads old ones yet...needed parts,etc. has got them on hold sadly.