Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Boss 302

jjsipes

I like bright colored musclecars and have been thinking about building a 1970 Boss 302 so, I ordered up some Calypso Coral from Scale Finishes and went to painting. Will have Black and White interior. This has no clear on it. Love this paint.

20180817_104902.jpg

20180817_104906.jpg

Edited by jjsipes

• 4 months later...

Question for the Ford experts here: Would Model Master Hugger Orange be an acceptably close match for Calypso Coral? I want to do a Cougar Eliminator in that color (Mercury Competition Orange). 

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but hey, we ARE looking at a beautiful application of Calypso Coral, so the question is kinda on topic. Thanks! B)

I bought some 1:1 Calypso Coral for a Mustang around the same time I was working on a Challenger in Testors Hemi Orange. Other than the metallic-ish finish of the Testors, the shade is almost exact. I will try to get some pics.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:48 AM, Snake45 said:

Question for the Ford experts here: Would Model Master Hugger Orange be an acceptably close match for Calypso Coral? I want to do a Cougar Eliminator in that color (Mercury Competition Orange). 

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but hey, we ARE looking at a beautiful application of Calypso Coral, so the question is kinda on topic. Thanks! B)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, adamelvis said:

Nice color Jason.  I have a Boss 429 on my list and would love to paint it the same as yours.  Are you going with a black hood and rear wing?  I was thinking of using a carbon fiber decal on mine, as I'm going pro touring with my build. 

TCB,

Adam

Yes I plan on the black strip package on the hood and sides, chin spoiler but debating about decklid spoiler though

46 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Very nice.  Then white interior really stands out.  How is the engine coming along?

A dumb question.  I am bad at remembering names.  Have you been to any MAMA meetings in Greenbelt MD?

No I have never been to the meetings. Have thought about it. Engine is about done. Other than some engine work and final clean up it's all but done

14 hours ago, jjsipes said:

No I have never been to the meetings. Have thought about it. Engine is about done. Other than some engine work and final clean up it's all but done

You should come to a meeting.  I have been a member for 30 years and it is a great group of people.