Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Inventory Sale!!!!

I assume that we are all getting this email.

Get your want lists & check books out fellas!!!

Steve

PS.

There is still light at the end of the tunnel!

There will still be tires available when the new website starts, & it appears that there will be a limited number of new kits coming as well!

All is not lost!

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

I just received the following e-mail from Modelhaus. As the e-mail says the old Modelhaus site remains closed until Saturday when you can place orders on whatever they have to offer. In an incredible leap into the 21st century, if you go to Modelhaustires.com, you'll see actual photos although for now everything is marked Sold Out. Stay tuned...

Dear Modelhaus Customers,

This e-mail is being sent to all addresses that are affiliated with the web site. Our orders are all shipped and we have inventoried all the remaining stock. We have uploaded the remaining inventory, both kits and parts, onto the web site and it will open again the morning of Aug. 25 (this Saturday). We envision it will remain open for a week to ten days. We are giving you some advance notice so you can take the time to assess your needs. Please know that the inventory is limited. Only those items that are still available will be listed and only in the quantity we have. The web site will be able to track the sale of items and when the inventory for a particular part reaches zero, you will be unable to add that item to your shopping cart even though the part is still listed on the site. It is possible that you can add a part to your cart but it will not show up in your cart at the time of the sale. The inventory is adjusted for sale only when an order is actually placed. If you and another customer both add the last of a particular part to your cart, but the other customer checks out first, he will get the item.

Sales will only be accepted from the web site. No orders will be taken by phone or by regular mail. The only way to track the inventory is by the web site. This may anger some of our customers who prefer to order via the regular mail. We are sorry, but at this point, we have to do what is manageable and the web orders are the only way to manage the inventory.

Though we are retiring the business as you have known it, we are not completely stopping. Don's favorite part of the business has always been developing new kits. In the past three years he has not been able to develop anything new as we dealt with the onslaught of orders generated by our announced retirement. He had several ideas for new kits that he still wants to pursue. We are not 100% sure how this will play out. He hopes to develop one to two kits a year for a while. We will figure a way to get the word out when a kit is available.

The tires we have offered will be available again soon. Our son Chris has worked for us for many years. Several years ago he moved the tire making to his home and we have purchased tires from him. All the particulars have not been worked out. The web site will be www.modelhaustires.com. We will most likely send another mass e-mail when he is ready to be up and running.

It has been a pleasure to serve the modeling community for 30 plus years. We will not miss the work, but will miss the connections we have made with so many great modelers over the years. Thank you for all your orders which have made this such a successful business. We wish you all the best!

Cordially,
Don and Carol Holthaus

[/div]

Edited by Bernard Kron

I got this email and thought I was dreaming! Hopefully the speculators will not scoop up all of the remaining inventory and us regular modelers will get a chance to buy one last time! Not sure what I need, but it will be interesting to see what they have left. The news about the tires is encouraging, hopefully Chris will have some of the wheels too.

4 minutes ago, IceMan Collections said:

This site is still closed. They’re not shipping to anyone yet. 

Good point.

It may be saying that for every shipping location at the moment.

I guess that we shouldn't get too excited.

It will likely be some time before they are actually open for business.

Steve

Just now, StevenGuthmiller said:

Good point.

It may be saying that for every shipping location at the moment.

I guess that we shouldn't get too excited.

It will likely be some time before they are actually open for business.

Steve

Right. I won’t lie. I tried clicking the checkout button too and it said they don’t ship to the United States. ? 

Are the tires listed the same as those offered before or has there been new ones added. Other than the sets I have ordered in the past, I have no idea what the others looked like, only knew the part number. Nice to have pictures.

I hope by the end of first day the lead time won't be 2 years for an order. 

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I'm sure that you could always find one of your "good friends" here on the forum to help you out with the shipping Tommy! ;)

Steve

Did not want to be a nag so had to try first,but yes you are right people are very helpful here ^_^

56 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

Hate to be the downer, but with the interest being generated between now and opening, the web site will likely crash.

I'm guessing you are referring to the left over inventory?

You're probably right!

I can see it becoming a huge cluster!

I think I'll just sit this one out.

I'm just happy to hear that there will be tires available in the future! :)

Steve

28 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I'm guessing you are referring to the left over inventory?

You're probably right!

I can see it becoming a huge cluster!

I think I'll just sit this one out.

I'm just happy to hear that there will be tires available in the future! :)

Steve

Same here .

Even though there are parts I could use. Theres nothing  I cant live without

odds are I will just pass altogether

Edited by gtx6970

50 minutes ago, Mike Chernecki said:

Are the tires listed the same as those offered before or has there been new ones added. Other than the sets I have ordered in the past, I have no idea what the others looked like, only knew the part number. Nice to have pictures.

I hope by the end of first day the lead time won't be 2 years for an order. 

I saw some sets that are not in the catalog from the last order I placed right before they closed. T the item number seems to be like an item they did have at one point.