Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Inventory Sale!!!!

On 8/21/2018 at 8:34 PM, MrObsessive said:

One thing that would be a BIG help------it would be nice if they can somehow list the dimensions of each of the tire sets. I.D., O.D., that way one could check against any wheel sets that may already have and there'd be no guessing if a particular type of tires are going to work or not.

Mayb - oops ;). Maybe this'll help?

http://public.fotki.com/sheridan13/modelhaus-tires-1/?view=roll#3

Tire numbers are at the bottom of each photo. 

Edited by ChrisBcritter

1 hour ago, Claes Ericsson said:

Must have been a frenzy, I managed to get in two orders for parts 2.5 hours apart and order #s were 243xx and 250xx. 7000 orders in that time frame must be a dream for any mail order operation....

I placed three orders, because I kept finding more stuff I wanted, in the span of 40 minutes. First order was 24095, last order was 24730. I think Don and Carol will be busy processing orders until Christmas if they have over a thousand orders! I am sure there are many like me who placed multiple orders, but again I think they are overwhelmed with orders and will be busy for awhile.

Glad to see their product get bought up. I wondered if they had any left over stock and we all found out the answer! Hopefully they can finally get on with their lives and enjoy retirement.

It was like a shark feeding frenzy, went looking around and found 0.:(  Hope Don and Carol sell everything and enjoy their retirement. Too bad there isn't someone out there to pick up the ball, they had a lot of great stuff. I will try buying some tires from their son's website.

Given that they probably will release one or two new kits annualy, as per the original e-mail I think they could have a pretty nice retirement issuing a kit or two from their catalog if the molds are still workable. Sort of "We will make 30 copies of the 61 DeSoto available" (I wish) on a first come, first served basis.  A whole lot less stressful than filling a random order for kits/parts  out of 10000 (guessing) items ávailable in the catalog.

Knowing Ron Andrews purchased everything R&R it gives me a small hope i might be able to get some spares there in the future.

This or back to wasting time on eBay for last remaining spares. Dont feel like spend more time on this Moldehaus circus unless

it is up running in a normal way later on.

12 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I just checked, unscientifically, and found zero kits or parts in stock. Just randomly checked stuff....everyone out. Big order day!!!

I never even got to see the list. I got online around 10:30 am DST yesterday & all that came up was the same website closed message that's been up for 2 yrs now. I did receive my last order from them earlier this month, however. I wish them a great retirement.

5 hours ago, Claes Ericsson said:

Given that they probably will release one or two new kits annualy, as per the original e-mail I think they could have a pretty nice retirement issuing a kit or two from their catalog if the molds are still workable.

"Workable" molds are irrelevant since they wear out after "X" number of pulls. New molds are made using master patterns.

13 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

"Workable" molds are irrelevant since they wear out after "X" number of pulls. New molds are made using master patterns.

Yup. I talked to Don once about making copies of a rare part I owned. He was very interested in adding it to his line, but didn't want to borrow it from me, he needed to own it as he said he had to remake the molds every so often and would only work with originals, not copies, as masters, due to shrinkage every time the part is copied. I forget what the part was, but whatever it was, I ended up not wanting to part with it permanently.  

5 hours ago, Claes Ericsson said:

Given that they probably will release one or two new kits annualy, as per the original e-mail I think they could have a pretty nice retirement issuing a kit or two from their catalog if the molds are still workable. Sort of "We will make 30 copies of the 61 DeSoto available" (I wish) on a first come, first served basis.  A whole lot less stressful than filling a random order for kits/parts  out of 10000 (guessing) items ávailable in the catalog.

I wouldnt be suprised if this actually happens.

It could be a fairly reasonable retirement fund. Do maybe one kit a month.  Small limited runs of maybe 20 or 30 ( maybe less,,maybe more )

16 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I placed three orders, because I kept finding more stuff I wanted, in the span of 40 minutes. First order was 24095, last order was 24730. I think Don and Carol will be busy processing orders until Christmas if they have over a thousand orders! I am sure there are many like me who placed multiple orders, but again I think they are overwhelmed with orders and will be busy for awhile.

Glad to see their product get bought up. I wondered if they had any left over stock and we all found out the answer! Hopefully they can finally get on with their lives and enjoy retirement.

My order is about 50 after your last order. Since this is supposed to be remaining inventory they should only be sorting packaging and shipping it. So hopefully it won't take months to process all the orders. I hope them well and am real curios as to what kits they may release in the future! Since they said that I don't think they want to sell or truly retire. Sounds like they want to downsize.

5 hours ago, Sport Suburban said:

My order is about 50 after your last order. Since this is supposed to be remaining inventory they should only be sorting packaging and shipping it. So hopefully it won't take months to process all the orders. I hope them well and am real curios as to what kits they may release in the future! Since they said that I don't think they want to sell or truly retire. Sounds like they want to downsize.

Given the nature of how they conducted business, I suspect it will take Don and Carol awhile to sort and process the orders. Their policy of "first in, first out" is a great way to run a business and will probably be the way they do these last orders. I do hope, for their sake as well as ours, that they identify the customers with multiple orders and combine them into one shipment. This makes so much sense and will probably simplify things for all involved.

I think they truly want to retire from running a business, especially after the last 5 years, but Don is a craftsman who wants to continue sharing his skills so I am excited to see what he has in store for us. Some have speculated that they might do limited runs of kits and that would be fine with me, it will be interesting to see if they also dig out old molds and run any of their old kits too!

You can just about guarantee that any future release of kits that Don and Carol put out will be an instant collectible, ESPECIALLY since it'll be a limited run. You think it's crazy now on the 'Bay with their items? Just wait until they release something in a limited run of say 100, and then poof it's gone.

If it's a popular subject of something that hasn't been offered before, or not seen in quite a long time, BOOM! The feeding frenzy and bidding wars will be intense!

This is just my own 2¢ worth, and others may disagree. Seeing how crazy it was this past weekend however, I think I'm correct on this one. ;)

48 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

You can just about guarantee that any future release of kits that Don and Carol put out will be an instant collectible, ESPECIALLY since it'll be a limited run. You think it's crazy now on the 'Bay with their items? Just wait until they release something in a limited run of say 100, and then poof it's gone.

If it's a popular subject of something that hasn't been offered before, or not seen in quite a long time, BOOM! The feeding frenzy and bidding wars will be intense!

This is just my own 2¢ worth, and others may disagree. Seeing how crazy it was this past weekend however, I think I'm correct on this one. ;)

My only concern if they do something like a limited run of 100 kits is that they figure out a way to install a "one per customer" policy.

Otherwise your going to have people buying up the entire run & selling them on ebay for $300.00!

Steve

What would make sense to me would be for the Holthauses to concentrate their efforts on creating some great masters that THEY want to do, then "sublet" them out to a caster with an excellent record for production, quality, and delivery, such as Motor City Resincasters. Royalties or percentages of the sales would go the Holthauses, of course. This would seem to be a win-win-win situation for everyone including the customer. But what do I know? 

23 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Is your inbox full? I tried to send you a PM.

I just spent a half hour cleaning old stuff out, but it's still showing full and won't let me me send you one because it's full. Maybe the board needs to update before the deletions take hold, or something. 

If it's important, just email me: SnakeACP45 at aol dot com.   

• 2 weeks later...